In Reports, is there a way to filter out transactions as opposed to filtering them in?

Options
SeattleGuy
SeattleGuy Member ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Using Reports

In Reports, setting a filter means those transactions are filtered in. For example, if you filter by a tag, you get only the transactions with that tag.

But I want to filter transactions out. In other words, if I filter a certain tag, I want to see everything except transaction with that tag. Is there any way to do that?

I know about the Ignore options. But I'd rather do this by filtering in reports to avoid having to visit each transaction and set the Ignore option.

One way to get the desired behavior would be to have a button in the Filter box to "check everything." I could then uncheck the things I want to remove. For filtering by tags, there would also need to be a way to check <untagged>, in other words, a "null tag" for transactions with no tags. This would allow me to "check everything" (meaning all tags plus untagged transactions), and then I could manully uncheck the one or two tags I want to filter out.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @SeattleGuy,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

It sounds like you're looking for what's been requested here. If so, this ability is not currently available in Simplifi, but I would definitely suggest adding your vote and feedback to the Idea post requesting it.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@SeattleGuy ,

Coach Natalie beat me to it. Another idea post that would make this easier would be click here for adding a Select All button to filters.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.