Deleted Reminders Come Back From Dead

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2023 in Report a Bug

I have reminders that i deleted in the past…

First it was my upcoming t-mobile bill, and payment which i deleted because i had a trade-in credit (no bill this month) and that came back. I deleted that one again.

Now, today, these three came back:

In every case, just the recurring transfers came back, not the purchases themselves —- probably (guessing) because the purchases were matched and these transfers were just deleted after the transfer was made (as that has no effect on reports, being a transfer).

Yesterday, the above three were not there, today they were. All marked past.

I'm going to delete them again, but someone should know this is happening.

Edit: It wasn't shown above, but T-Mobile transfer had also come back a second time after previous deleting it a second time.

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing deleted Reminders return in Simplifi.

Hopefully this is just a temporary glitch that may have been caused by the cloud or a cloud service update. Go ahead and delete the Reminders again and then keep an eye on things to see if they continue to return. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• Cristian
    Options

I am also having this same issue. Any fixes yet?

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I will say It's happened more than a few times since I reported it on April 26—- i've just gotten into the habit of deleting them without complaining. It's not "every day" but "often enough"

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @RobWilk & @Cristian,

It sounds like a cloud service glitch, which is most likely what causes the issues with Reminder amount and date edits reverting from time to time. We can certainly escalate the issue with specific examples and logs being provided, however, I'm not sure when a solution will be found for the issue.

If either of you would like the issue to be escalated, please provide the following information:

1. The Date, Payee, and Amount of a few example Reminders that were deleted.
    2. The date the example Reminders were deleted.
    3. The date the example Reminders returned.
    4. Whether the issue is occurring on the Simplifi Web App, the Mobile App, or both.
    5. The browser, browser OS, and OS of the computer/device you're using to access the Simplifi Web App from and/or the make, model, and OS of the mobile device you're using to access the Simplifi Mobile App from.

Please also provide your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

Sent feedback.

Yesterday, I manually deleted the "Cap1 Geico" reminder, today it was back with the one from the month before.

1. Date, Payee, Amount: May 18 + Apr 18, Payee "Cap1 Geico" Amount : it's showing $88.34 today but that amount was edited to that yesterday, it was 70-something yesterday, $88.34 is the new amount which is right.

And oops, at least in this case, I found the problem - When I go to EDIT the SERIES, The next date right now is April 18th. I can, even delete the april 18th reminder, edit the series, and the next date on the series is still April 18th.

It's a little odd that when you delete a reminder the series next payment date doesn't update.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @RobWilk,

Thanks for providing an example!

For this particular example, I'm a little confused. When deleting a Reminder, Simplifi will automatically move to the next Reminder in the Series:

If this is not occurring for you, I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the Recurring Series itself. Have you tried deleting and recreating the Series to see if it helps to clear up the behavior you're seeing? Or are you seeing the same issue with multiple Recurring Series?

In order to report the behavior, we'll need to narrow down the steps to reproduce and some common denominators, as well as separate any individual issues. With that said, since it sounds like 2 different issues may be occurring here (one with the Recurring Series itself, and one with deleted Reminders returning), let's try to narrow things down.

1. Check other Recurring Series to see if the next Reminder date does not change when deleting a Reminder.
    2. If other Recurring Series' seem to be behaving as expected when deleting a Reminder, go ahead and delete and recreate the Series for "Cap1 Geico" to see if it clears up that issue.
    3. Keep an eye out for a new example of a deleted Reminder returning. When the new example occurs, you'll want to see if the same issue pops up that did with "Cap1 Geico" to where the deleted Reminder gets stuck and you're unable to change it, even when editing the Series.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

Right from your screeen capture video I can tell you're looking in the wrong place. And I suspect this poor behavior will be considered by design when you hear me out.

1. Like you when i delete a reminder, the 'next' reminder moves up to the next one.
    2. However, if i EDIT SERIES specifically, the series 'next' date does not update.
    3. This is probably because DELETED REMINDERS can be anywhere in sequence, and need not be the 'next' occurance, so it doesn't update the date used as the next occurrence.
    4. So if i save it it will recreate the reminders starting on the date in the next occurence field.

Here I'll try to catch a video..

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @RobWilk,

I am seeing that deleting a Reminder does not change the 'Next Date' when editing the actual Series, and I can see how this could cause issues if someone makes a change to the Series after deleting the Reminder and doesn't realize the old 'Next Date' is still there before saving it. I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I think it can certainly be looked into.

However, is this what's causing the issue you're seeing with deleted Reminders returning? Does it only happen after you edit the Series and save the changes with the old 'Next Date'? Since we haven't ruled out that there are actually 2 separate issues occurring here, we need to narrow things down a bit and determine if the cause of the deleted Reminders returning is the other issue, or if that's just what happened in this one instance.

Let's keep an eye on this and see what happens the next time a deleted Reminder returns so we have more examples to go off of and can confirm the behavior. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I will say it's possible this was the case with my other transactions in the first post:

1. Applecare iPad- the amount hasn't changed since I signed up last august, but it's possible I changed the credit card billed.
    2. Apple Developer - this might've been listeed as $99 and with tax was closer to $107 so i edited it for next year perhaps, it's also possible there was a credit card change.
    3. Geico, I was nearing the end of my 6 month policy and rates are changing (plus the first month and last month tend to be different charges).

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.