Split Screen on iOS Mobile App v4.0.0 after using camera (edited)

Options
Flopbot
Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Report a Bug

I just downloaded 4.0.0 on an Apple iPhone SE running iOS 16.4.1. When I open the app, it looks normal. When I click on a transaction and then click Attachment to add an image of the receipt, then this occurs. Regardless of what I do or which module I open, it remains and the only way to get rid of it is to close the app and restart it.

So far, this has been very consistently happening.

[edited image to reduce size]

Chris
Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
New to Simplifi in 2021.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Flopbot,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior on the new Simplifi Mobile App.

I know there were some issues with Attachments that are expected to be fixed with the 4.1.0 release, however, this looks to be more of a UI issue. I'm not personally seeing this on the upgraded Mobile App, and was messing with Attachments the other day, and also tested it again right now. Let's have you do a full uninstall/reinstall of the Mobile App to see if doing so clears up this behavior.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Okay @Coach Natalie, unfortunately, after uninstalling and reinstalling the app, the issue still remains.

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Flopbot,

Thanks for giving that a try and posting back, although I'm sorry the trouble persists.

I can go ahead and get this escalated, however, I was hoping you'd provide the steps to reproduce the issue in a numbered format. I gathered the gist from your description above, however, I'm unsure of how you're getting to the transaction (All Transactions or Accounts > select the account), if the issue occurs as soon as you click "Attachment" or if it's after the Attachment is selected, etc. Since I can't reproduce this, we'll need to have the steps of every click you make up until the issue is presented.

Please also provide your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option by following these steps:

1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie

Here you go.

1. Open Simplifi 4.0.0 App on iPhone.
    2. Open a specific transaction from Recent Spending OR from Menu>All Transactions.
    3. Scroll to bottom and click Attachment.
    4. Click Camera.
    5. Take Picture.
    6. Click Use Photo.

Once it gets done attaching, you see the split screen Regardless of what you do from that point on, the split screen remains. The only way to get rid of it is to close the app and restart it.

P.S. Currently, I have 3.28.2 on my iPad and 4.0.0 on my iPhone. I tested on both devices and the split screen only appears on 4.0.0. Also, when you click 'Use Photo' using 4.0.0, it takes around 22 seconds for the image to attach while you watch the spinning circle. That step is pretty much instantaneous with the old 3.28.2 version on either device.

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Flopbot,

Thanks for providing the steps and some additional details!

I'm not seeing that logs were submitted yet, so please let me know once that's done and I'll go ahead and get this escalated. Also, since I'm not sure if the build is the same for Android vs. iOS and I have Android, would you mind grabbing the build from the Profile menu on the Mobile App? It's right next to the version. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Log is turned in…

Build is 4.0.0 (30481).

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

Thank you, @Flopbot!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-16308

• Pmrussell892
    Pmrussell892 Member ✭✭
    Options

why do quicken developers so consistently break everything they touch?

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Pmrussell892

Rebuilding an app from the ground up is a major undertaking. Sure they’re likely to break things along the way, but I trust that they’ll get the vast majority fixed soon enough.

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Pmrussell892
    Pmrussell892 Member ✭✭
    Options

from ground up? It is a new app only a few years old. Quicken is a bear using old code, but simplifi is not that beast. Far as I know it is using the latest tech and should not be as difficult as quicken is. far as I know anyway.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@pmrussell892

Here’s how it was explained to me…

A lot of the Team's focus is going toward the Mobile App currently, as they're basically rebuilding the entire thing to help with the latency and touch response issues.

Not knowing what actually goes into building an app, I interpreted that as ‘from the ground up’. Regardless, I’m confident that this split screen weirdness on iOS will get addressed soon enough; till then, it’s certainly annoying!

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • NathanM
    NathanM Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Every time I take a picture of a paper receipt within a transaction on the mobile app, my screen then permanently has part of the menu showing that you can access from the person icon in the upper right of the screen. See the screenshot below. The only way to get rid of this issue is to close the app and restart it, but it continues to do it each time I use the camera to take a pic of a receipt. Seems like a bug. I've tried deleting the app and restarting my phone, but that doesn't help. Anyone else having this issue too?

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

@NathanM ,

This one is a known issue [removed link to merged thread] that I'm experiencing too. Unfortunately, I'm not sure of the status and there's no work-around short of closing the app and reopening it on your phone. Certainly makes entering receipts annoying on a iOS phone!

P.S. I'm assuming you've got an iOS phone, if not, make sure to give the make/model of device your on so Simplifi can add it to their list for troubleshooting. This first started occurring with the major update on mobile to 4.0.0.

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • NathanM
    Options

Yes, I have an iOS phone too. Thanks for the info!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @NathanM,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this behavior when using the camera to upload an attachment on the Simplifi Mobile App.

Yes, as mentioned by @Flopbot, this has already been reported. I went ahead and added your info to the ticket so our Product Team can see that the issue is impacting more users, and I'll be sure to post back here as soon as any news becomes available.

-Coach Natalie

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie and @NathanM , this appears to be fixed with mobile 4.9.0 (32649). Thank you to the Simplifi team!

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

@Flopbot, that's great!

It doesn't look like a fix was generated from the ticket I submitted for this issue, so a different change must've resolved it. I went ahead and let the team know and closed my ticket. Let us know if the issue pops back up, though, and we can reopen accordingly. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie , I'm not sure then what fixed it, but I can definitely confirm that the problem has gone away on an iPhone SE! Currently, I'm running mobile app 4.10.1.

Thanks to whomever - or whatever - fixed it.

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.