Is the API available for American Express?

Options
System
System Administrator admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Use OAuth APIs everywhere they are available (Chase, Bank of America, etc.).
Tagged:

Best Answers

• bbarber4
    bbarber4 Member
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

[removed] Can you please confirm if the American Express API is available or not? Based on your prior comments, it sounds like it should be available. But I am still being forced to use MFA each time I log in with AMEX and it never prompted me to reset the connection using the new API method (like it did previously with Bank of America). If it is available, do I need to fully remove AMEX and add again? I also tried to use the 'Reset Connection' method and it still forced me to authenticate with MFA

I am still hitting the following error message:

Account needs attention

(Care: FDP-185)

A multi-factor authentication is required to connect to your account at American Express.

• bbarber4
    bbarber4 Member
    Options

Reposting as it appears my last comment was deleted… [removed] Can you confirm if the American Express API is live or not? I am still being prompted to use MFA each time I log in with Amex and your comments above would indicate that it is live. I tried to use the 'Reset Connection' feature as well for the Account and it still prompted me to setup the accounts as MFA connection and NOT using the API method

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @bbarber4,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing connectivity trouble with American Express in Simplifi.

As far as I'm aware, only newly added American Express accounts are being set up on the API for Simplifi at this time. If resetting the connection didn't work, you can also try making the accounts completely manual by following the steps here, and then going through the Add Account flow to connect to American Express and carefully link the accounts found to your existing manual accounts.

If that doesn't work, you will most likely have to wait until the forced migration for all accounts, which I believe will take place next month. You can also delete your existing accounts and re-add them, however, you'd be losing all of your historical data and any Recurring Series that are set up for the account(s), so I personally wouldn't recommend it.

You also want to be sure you're selecting the correct instance for American Express depending on the account types you have (and you may need to use both instances if you have multiple account types):

• For Credit Card Accounts, you'll want to use the option listed as "American Express".
    • For Checking and Savings Accounts, you'll want to use the option listed as "American Express - Banking".

More details on the API connections and American Express specifically can be found in our Support Article here.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• bbarber4
    bbarber4 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

[removed] Ok it seems my comments are getting removed from the other OAuth API thread and moved here. Can you please help answer my question

This discussion has been closed.