American Express Connection Issue (Missing flow parameter BodyParam code in AuthZGrantSpec)

Options
abbiefaye
abbiefaye Member ✭✭

I just got a Simplifi account and I've been getting this American Express error on multiple browsers:

"""
We're Sorry

Your session expired. Please restart the grant flow from partner app/website.
"""
I believe this is an error related to OAuth. Can anyone confirm?

When I select the "Return to Quicken" option, I see this error message:

"""
Missing flow parameter BodyParam code in AuthZGrantSpec"
"""

I disabled my ad blocker and also removed special characters from my password (per the recommendation of someone on this site).

Can anyone explain why this is happening or when it will be resolved? I already called American Express and they assumed it had something to do with their migration to a new system.

My main savings account is with Amex and this isn't going to work for me if it can't be resolved.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @abbiefaye,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting your American Express accounts in Simplifi.

It looks like you're already working with our Chat Support team on this issue, however, I did want to share some information here in case someone else runs into a similar issue. This is listed in our Support Article on the API connections for American Express:

• If you receive a blank screen when authorizing your American Express accounts, a pop-up blocker could be preventing the prompts from appearing. You will need to temporarily disable any pop-up blockers or update their settings to allow pop-ups from American Express.
    • Depending on the type of accounts you're trying to add, you may need to use a different American Express instance in Simplifi:
      • For Credit Card Accounts, you'll want to use the option listed as "American Express".
      • For Checking and Savings Accounts, you'll want to use the option listed as "American Express - Banking".

Feel free to come back and post the solution you find with Chat Support as well!

-Coach Natalie

• abbiefaye
    abbiefaye Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hey, Natalie. Thanks for the suggestions, but "American Express - Banking" resulted in this error:

"We are unable to connect to American Express - Banking at this time. Please try again later.Care Code: FDP-105"

I tried it in Chrome and Safari. Disabled all ad blockers—unfortunately that didn't help. Any suggestions?

• abbiefaye
    abbiefaye Member ✭✭
    Options

Update: Still getting Care Code: FDP-105.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @abbiefaye,

Thanks for posting back, although I'm sorry to hear that the trouble persists and you are now receiving a 105 error.

When viewing your connection attempts from our end, it looks like you're most likely being impacted by the known issue with American Express returning a 105 error.

With that said, however, it looks like you've requested that your Simplifi Subscription be canceled and all of your data be removed, so it seems that you're all set at this point.

We appreciate you giving us a try!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.