Simplifi with BofA CORP Accts

Options
cw12
cw12 Member

When you have a business card with BofA, they split you into an overall CORP account, and individual accounts for cardholders (even if you are the only cardholder, so I have two accounts for one card). The individual account has all transaction data (except for payments, which are on the CORP account). The problem arises because the individual cardholder account "balance" is simply the amount that card has been charged that month, not the actual balance (which is on the CORP account). So,

• If I only add the individual cardholder account, I'm missing card payment data and the actual balance on the account
  • If I only add the CORP account, I'm missing transaction data (except for payments), but I have the actual balance on the account
  • If I add both accounts, I have all transaction and payment data, but the total balance is wrong (because I would have the actual account balance PLUS the balance for the individual account, so any current statement period transactions would be counted twice in my overall sum of credit card balances)

Has anybody found a solution to this?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @cw12,

Thank you for providing the additional requested information!

When looking over everything, I'm honestly not sure that we'll be able to do anything from our end. As previously mentioned, it looks like Bank of America is providing a specific balance that IS displayed on their website, so we wouldn't be able to escalate anything for a balance discrepancy.

As for each account missing transactions — if the Individual account is missing the payment transactions, but the payment transactions do not reside in that account on the bank's website, there would be no way for us to aggregate that data from the bank for that account. And with the Corp account missing all charges that are made, if those transactions do not reside in the Corp account on the bank's website, we wouldn't be able to aggregate that data for that account either.

With that said, have you contacted Bank of America to discuss this issue with them? They may be able to set the accounts up a bit differently so the data is aggregated properly in Simplifi. Otherwise, we can try to escalate this from our end, but I'm not sure that we'd be able to ultimately provide you with a solution.

I'd suggest contacting Bank of America first to see if you can get anywhere with them, as this may be a more viable route to take in finding a solution. Let us know how it goes, please!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @cw12,

Thank you for posting your inquiry to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with your Bank of America business card in Simplifi.

It sounds like you may dealing with something similar to what occurs with American Express Authorized User Accounts (see here). However, with that issue, the solution is to only add the primary account to Simplifi, which doesn't sound like will work for you. Have you tried adding the account(s) using any of the additional options listed in Simplifi for Bank of America, by chance?

If the issue persists after doing so, please provide the following information and we'd be happy to take a closer look:

1. The names of the accounts in question, as they appear in Simplifi.
    2. The balance for each of the accounts, as displayed in Simplifi.
    3. The balance for each of the accounts, as displayed on the bank's website.
    4. A screenshot comparing the balances for each account in each location (Simplifi versus the bank's website).
    5. A screenshot of the Account Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• cw12
    cw12 Member
    Options

Thank you @Coach Natalie . I sent a direct message since this is some personal information

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @cw12,

Thanks for providing the requested information!

It looks like Simplifi is reporting a correct balance for both of the accounts. It's unclear why Bank of America displays 2 different balances for each of the accounts, but it looks like they are providing one of those balances to Simplifi, so that may be something that needs to be addressed on their end if you'd like them to provide the other balance or if you'd like to gain clarity on why it is the way that it is. Ultimately, I'm not seeing any balance discrepancies when having both of the accounts added in Simplifi, as the information in Simplifi matches what's on the bank's website.

With that said, if one or both of the accounts is missing transactional data, we can certainly report the issue to our Service Provider. It may be preferable and easier to determine which of the accounts you'd prefer to track in Simplifi and then focus on what's missing from that specific account. For example, if tracking just the individual account is missing the payments to the card, we can report those as missing transactions. Or, if you'd rather have the Corp account since it provides a correct balance and the payments, we can report the charges as missing transactions from that account.

To report missing transactions, we'll need additional info:

1. The Date, Payee, and Amount of a few example transactions that are currently missing in Simplifi.
    2. A screenshot of the missing transactions on the bank's website.
    3. A screenshot of the corresponding register in Simplifi showing that the transactions are missing.
    4. A screenshot of the Account Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this was missed in the DM).

Please be sure to specify which account you're providing the data for. Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• cw12
    cw12 Member
    Options

Thank you so much for the help! Ideally, the overall CORP account could be fixed, because it has the proper balance. I sent this info in DM as well

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks, @cw12!

I just want to clarify one last thing before getting this escalated since it's not clear in the screenshots — do the example transactions that were provided reside in the Corp account on the bank's website, or do you have to select the Personal account to see those transactions?

-Coach Natalie

• cw12
    cw12 Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie They are on the on the individual sub-account (which is probably why Simplifi doesn't recognize them on the corp account). Actually, individual account's transactions are visible on the CORP account homepage, but under a dropdown for the individual account (I'll send a screenshot showing this in DM as well)

• Coach Natalie
    edited May 2023
    Options

Gotcha, @cw12!

With that, we won't be able to escalate for missing transactions for just that one account since the transactions do not reside in that account on the bank's website. Instead, I'm going to take a different route and escalate this another way and explain the situation to our Engineering Team. To do so, please provide me with the following info for the Individual account:

1. The drill-down for the Individual account just like the very last one you sent in the DM for the Corp account where it shows the name, balance, and lists the transactions below.
    2. A comparison screenshot of that same account from Simplifi.
    3. The Date, Payee, and Amount of a couple example transactions that are missing from that account, which sounds like would be the last couple of payments.

If at all possible, try to get a screenshot of the missing payment transaction from the bank's website, and a screenshot of where that transaction should be in the corresponding Simplifi register. Once I have this additional data for the Individual account, I should have enough to escalate this and thoroughly explain it. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @cw12,

Were you able to gather this additional info, by chance? Please let us know if you'd like to proceed with the escalation!

-Coach Natalie

• cw12
    cw12 Member
    Options

I just sent it over, thank you so much!

• cw12
    cw12 Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie Thanks again for all the explanation with this — I will check with Bank of America. In the meantime, I have 1 follow up. Is there any way to manually disable (or set to $0) the balance of an account, while still getting transaction data from the institution? This would solve my issue perfectly because I could have all the data and a 0 balance from the individual account.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @cw12,

When you connect your accounts in Simplifi, the account will always stay in line with the balance being reported by the bank. So there is not a way to manually set the balance for connected accounts; more details on this can be found here.

Let us know what Bank of America says!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.