Discover Credit Card Transactions Only Update Once per Month After Statement Closing

Options
connormbush
connormbush Member

I have a Discover credit card connected to Simplifi. The transactions from that credit card will only upload to Simplifi once per month, after the monthly statement for that card has closed. For example, my statement closes on the 19th of each month, so Simplifi will show no transactions for that card over the past month (ex: March 20th - April 19th). Then, after the statement closes on the 19th, all of the transactions from that previous statement upload at once. I've confirmed that the account for the card is refreshing each time I log in - the balance on my Discover credit card updates in Simplifi as expected and any transactions on my Discover savings accounts upload to Simplifi as expected as well.

It's difficult to use Simplifi to do weekly check-ins or monthly look backs on my spending habits in Simplifi when a large bulk of my transactions are missing and don't show up until the middle of the month. I do not have this issue with my Citi credit card that I have in Simplifi.

Anybody know how to correct this issue?

Best Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @connormbush,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're missing transactions in your Discover Credit Card account.

I'd suggest starting by taking a look at the information available here to troubleshoot missing transactions in Simplifi. If no culprits are identified when doing so, I'd suggest making the account manual by following the steps listed here, and then going through the Add Account flow to connect to Discover and re-linking your existing account(s) to the account(s) found by following the steps listed here.

You'll also want to make sure you're selecting the correct instance for Discover in Simplifi. I see a couple of credit card options, so I'd definitely suggest giving both a try:

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• connormbush
    connormbush Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Natalie,

Thank you for your help! I believe your solutions helped solve the problem! My Discover credit card was tied to the Discover Bank login and not the Discover Credit Card login. I made my previous one manual, connected through Discover Credit Card and linked it to my existing account, and now all of my transactions are up to date! I'll respond here again if the issue arises again, but for now I believe it's solved!

Thank you!

Connor

This discussion has been closed.