Watchlist Totals Not Updating (edited)

ianmclendon
ianmclendon Member
edited June 2023 in Report a Bug

All of my Watch Lists totals under This Month are not updating on the dashboard when new transactions appear. Also, under Watch List Details, 1) the graph shows the correct total but 2) the Monthly total does not show the correct total, and 3) the May total is still showing the incorrect April amount.

Tagged:

Comments

• ianmclendon
    ianmclendon Member
    edited May 2023

I also noticed that 1) the YTD totals aren’t updating either, and 2) when I click on a previous month in the graph the transactions show the prior month but the Month total still shows current month (even though the current month is broken) 🤦🏻‍♂️

• ianmclendon
    ianmclendon Member
    edited May 2023

Posting some screenshots of May and April views for context

[edited images to reduce size]

• I’ll add that I’ve tried logging out, closing the app, then reopening and logging back in. I’ve also tried deleting and re-creating the Watch Lists

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭

I have the same problem too. My watchlists are not updating.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

App: 4.0

I can confirm what I think @ianmclendon is referring to. Here's a shot of my Dashboard watchlist item the morning of May 1:

The $4,043 figure is April's Total. I have less than $100 so far in May, and all of those are Pending.

This particular watchlist is also a tag, and when I run a Spending Report filtered by tags for This Year, I can see the report shows a value of $11,947 instead of the $12,156 shown here. A rough calculation suggests that the Watchlist is showing items marked as Ignore In Reports and Spending Plan. I think that's probably a good thing, but I haven't thought about it too much yet.

Here's a shot of my Watchlist graph:

Again, the May Total is $4,043 (April's Total), but the graph is projecting $2.4K, so it looks inconsistent.

Also, the graph "looks" like it's averaging 5 months to come up with the $3,039 figure, but it's actually ignoring May. It may be worth noting somewhere on this graphic that the current month projection is an indication of whether you are going to go over or under your average for the year.

I suspect that this will all be ironed out when April is officially closed in 5-7 days (allowing for time to have unposted transactions to come in).

I personally feel the graph would be more helpful if it showed projected totals in a different color, in a stacked bar graph kind of way.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello All,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you're all experiencing this behavior with Watchlists in Simplifi.

I am also seeing this issue in Simplifi, and it looks like it's due to a cloud service error. Our Team is already aware and working to resolve the Watchlist issues as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please be sure to follow our Community Alert for updates.

Let me know if anyone has any questions!

-Coach Natalie

• Confirming the issue appears resolved for me! Thanks for your help!

This discussion has been closed.