Transactions not appearing in the Spending Plan

Options
rogerp
rogerp Member
edited June 2023 in Report a Bug

I was just looking at the unused funds for April. I noticed the spending plan is not including all transactions that should be there. See below for my Target store spending. In my case Target is a custom subcategory under Groceries. Same problem for Walmart spending plan and transactions. Other categories seem to be working.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @rogerp,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this behavior, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing an issue with Planned Spending in Simplifi.

To clarify, since the expenses in question are Subcategories, do you also have the primary Category of "Groceries" set up as a Planned Spending expense? If so, I believe the transactions in question would go toward the primary Category and not the Subcategories.

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• rogerp
    rogerp Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie,

You are correct in that I have Groceries also as a spending plan category. Now that I click into Groceries, I can see the Target and Walmart transactions are included there. Thanks for explaining! I will remove these two subcat's from my spending plan.

Roger

• GirlFriday715
    GirlFriday715 Member
    Options

I'm also having the same issues with transactions not showing up in planned spending. Except I only use the main categories to roll up my subcategories. I have a main category for Charity & Donations. In May, I have spent a total of $120.70 in subcategories of Charity & Donations. How am I supposed to trust my spending plan when transactions aren't showing up?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @GirlFriday715,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

In your case, it looks like the transactions in question are recurring, meaning they've been linked to a Recurring Reminder. Once a transaction is linked to a Recurring Reminder, it will be counted toward the Bills & Income section of the Spending Plan and will not be counted toward a Planned Spending Expense of the same Category. This is to prevent items from being double-counted in the Spending Plan; we have a Support Article here that goes over this in more detail.

I'd also suggest taking a look over our Spending Plan Support Article, as it outlines what each area of the Spending Plan is designed for: http://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4212702-using-the-simplifi-spending-plan

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.