Unable to Unlink Mislinked Transactions in Mobile App (edited)

Options
Taraleis
Taraleis Member
edited June 2023 in Report a Bug

Hello, since the most recent rollout if changes (most of wh8ch are fantastic, BTW), I am unable to unlink transactions that have automatically been mislinked to incorrect recurring series when using the mobile app on my iPhone.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Taraleis,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties unlinking a transaction from a Reminder on the Simplifi Mobile App.

I'm not personally seeing any issues with unlinking transactions from Reminders on the Mobile App, and I tried with a transaction that was auto-linked, as well as one that was manually linked. With that said, however, I wasn't able to test this on the 4.0.0 release, as I updated to 4.1.0 beforehand.

I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the Simplifi Mobile App to see if doing so helps to resolve this matter for you. If the issue persists, please provide the steps to reproduce it in a numbered format so I can attempt to replicate the behavior by following your steps. Please also check to make sure you were updated to version 4.1.0.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Taraleis
    Taraleis Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

Natalie,

I have verified that I have version 4.1 (which is when the issue began), and have un installed and reinstalled the mobile app on my iPhone. The issue continues to occur.

Dashboard > Banking > Checking > Recent Activity > View Transaction

Before version 4.1, when Simplifi automatically linked a transaction to a recurring series, it would give you an "unlink transaction" option at the bottom of the transaction details. This was especially helpful when a transaction was incorrectly linked to a recurring series that wasn't accurate. That option is no longer available. Although you still have the option to select the "Payer" drop down and adjust it, the "series" currently remains unchangeable (with only a "view" link)

, so you cannot unlink the transactions and rectify the incorrect link.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks for all of your help!

[edited image to reduce size]

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @Taraleis,

Thanks for clarifying!

I'm not sure about an "unlink" option via the Mobile App; according to our Support Article here, to unlink a transaction from a Reminder on the Mobile App, you'll want to select the 'Is a Bill' toggle that's displayed in your screenshot above. This article has not been updated since 4.0.0/4.1.0 was released, so this has always been the official way to unlink a transaction from a Reminder. (Please note that some of the steps may differ in the Article due to not being updated yet with the new design, however, the gist is the same.)

Additionally, to edit a Recurring Series directly from a transaction on the Mobile App, you'd select "View", then select "Options" in the upper right corner, and then select "Edit Series". Here's a video of both of these steps:

With that said, please go ahead and give the official steps a try to see if you can unlink the transaction from the Reminder, as well as edit the associated Recurring Series.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.