Inconsistent Formatting when Downloading to .csv

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2023 in Report a Bug

Browser: Chrome

When downloading an account register to .csv, there is an inconsistent use of '$' depending on whether the transaction is a split or not.

category

tags

notes

amount

SPLIT

$0.00

Home:Mortgage

Mortgage:Interest

Mortgage:Escrow

Financial:Life Insurance

Non-Discretionary

-$110.00

Health:Health Insurance

Non-Discretionary

-$276.81

Amounts that are part of a split do not have a dollar sign. Amounts that are not part of a split do have a dollar sign.

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @ajbopp,

Thank you for taking the time to report this behavior to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with exporting split transactions.

When viewing a full export with a wider scope to see other transactions, this behavior appears to be by design when it comes to split transactions. Each of my transactions contains a dollar sign regardless of the type, and even the first split line shows a dollar sign and an amount of $0; if the issue is that each individual split line does not contain a dollar sign, I'd say this is most likely how Simplifi exports split transactions.

With that said, hopefully we can hear from more users on this who regularly export transactions so we can get a better idea of the impact. Does this design prevent you from doing something in particular?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.