Wisconsin 529 (edvest-529.com) Aggregator Link [edited]

Options
Nate42
Nate42 Member

Please add connection to Wisconsin 529. Good news - they support aggregator access at https://www.edvest-529.com/aggregator so it should be quick and easy to add, right??

btw… even better, it appears that Wisconsin 529 uses the same technology used by the New York 529 aggregator at https://www.nysaves.org/aggregator which Simplifi already supports!

7 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @Nate42,

Thanks for posting your request to the Community!

It looks like this financial institution may already be available in Simplifi under "Edvest College Savings Plan" —

Have you tried connecting to this option, by chance? Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• phoerr
    phoerr Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie,

I'm also looking to add my Wisconsin Edvest 529 account to Simplifi, but am having trouble and found this thread. I was able to successfully add my Edvest account using the institution shown in your screenshot above. However, this login requires two factor authentication. The trouble is that every time Simplifi connects to download transactions, you are prompted to reconnect the institution by entering the two factor code. This makes for a sub-optimal experience.

What @Nate42 and I are looking for is for Simplifi to support a slightly different URL for Wisconsin Edvest accounts at:

https://www.edvest-529.com/aggregator

(Note the -529 and /aggregator in the URL, which is different than your screenshot)

This site only needs a username and password and won't need two factor.

Our question: could Simplifi please add support for this different URL? I wouldn't want to change the existing EdVest institution because the username and password is (intentionally) different for the aggregator site.

Thanks.

—Philip

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @phoerr,

Thanks for confirming the request!

Although I'm not sure if support can be added for Wisconsin 529's aggregator, creating this request is definitely the first step. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• phoerr
    phoerr Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie,

You mentioned this is the first step in the process. Can you help describe what the next steps are? Is there anything else you need from me?

Would you be able to tell us if adding this account will ever be possible?

Thanks.

—Philip

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @phoerr,

Thanks for reaching out!

There is nothing further for you to do from our end. Once a bank is requested, we cannot guarantee that a connection will be established. In the meantime, you can use the connection that's currently offered in Simplifi for Wisconsin 529, and then keep an eye on this post for any updates.

Sorry for not having a better answer!

-Coach Natalie

• phoerr
    phoerr Member ✭✭
    Options

Alright, I'll be watching here for updates.

I went ahead and removed my account connected to the current Wisconsin 529 endpoint, as it's annoying having to re-authenticate every time I check Simplifi.

• royf
    royf Member
    Options

The aggregator URL for EdVest 529 has been available for a year or two and this request was asked for over 6 months ago. It's also already supported on other financial aggregation sites. This is a basic function of any financial aggregation product today - especially a paid-for product. Why has this not been resolved yet? I've had several basic account issues trying to trial Simplifi and it's clear it's not worth the money. Please correct these basic account/URL issues.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My understanding is the financial institution has to agree and cooperate including providing a fee, based on what I've read here. For example, without a test account how would they build the connection

Rob Wilkens

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This works just fine in Mint. Why can't the Mint people talk with the Simplifi people so everyone is on the same page and this problem is fixed. The 2FA constant reminders are a huge pain.

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie This request to correct Edvest 2FA was back in June. Is there an open ticket to have this corrected? If so, what is the number and status please? Almost all banks have 2FA so the fact that Simplifi is not working and all of the other bank apps work just fine lead me to believe that this is on Simplifi's side

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options
  • darrylvoss
    Options

This is also super important to me. Add me to the list of folks interested in seeing this happen.

• dthibode
    Options

Just adding to this as others have. Please fix Edvest to use the aggregator URL. Thank you!

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Keep voting on it and I'm hoping we see this soon as well as some other awesome updates!

• Dognose
    Dognose Member ✭✭
    Options

As I noted in the Michigan 529 thread - CA, GA, OK, MI, WI plus others share the TIAA 529 platform. Supporting this would be helpful to many customers.

• Uncle_Sam
    Uncle_Sam Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie , is there any update on this?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, as soon as we learn any news for this request, we'll be sure to post back with an update to let you all know. There are no further updates to provide at this time.

You are all also welcome to contact the bank directly and provide them with this link so they can get the ball rolling from their end: https://www.intuit.com/partners/financial-institutions/professional-services/ofx/

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• phoerr
    phoerr Member ✭✭
    edited February 12
    Options

I gave up on waiting and ended up switching to [removed] to manage my money: https://lunchmoney.app/?refer=5okoz5of

It works great for my Wisconsin 529 Edvest account (it uses Plaid under the hood to do the syncing).

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I'm on the phone with Edvest in an attempt to get them to change their OFX Connectivity. I doubt they will make the change for OFX Connectivity but they humored me and said that they would pass on the link which I appreciated. Do you know if Simplifi is still working on and planning on adding an Aggregator option?

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie this request is also tied to my other one. We have 2 banks that still need to be added/fixed. Is there some way that I could see if this will ever be fixed?

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I see the words "aggregator" at least 3 times on different requests so hopefully by solving it once it will work for multiple different requests.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why is anyone requesting support from Q-Simplifi on this when the roadblock is clearly on the other end?

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Dognose
    Dognose Member ✭✭
    Options

If you go back to the top post you can see the aggregator link. We all hate screen scraping but, at least Quicken could use the limited URL rather than having the user log in through 2FA to the full account.

• Jim B
    Jim B Member
    Options

I would also like to add my support for adding the Edvest aggregator link to Simplifi. I just entered my new credentials in Empower and it works great! Having to deal with MFA every time I log into Simplifi is less than ideal.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.