Wells Fargo connections fail due to FDP-101 error (edited)

Options
papermuffins
papermuffins Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2023 in Report a Bug

For weeks Wells Fargo has been intermittent in connecting. It's taken multiple retries in order for it to be successful. Today, it's impossible to connect.

error: FDP-101

Tagged:

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@papermuffins I bank with Wells Fargo and haven't experienced any connection problems. I'm in California and I know that when we lived in Washington the WA Wells Fargo online banking didn't play well, actually not at all, with WF in other states.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • papermuffins
    papermuffins Member ✭✭✭
    Options

FDP-101 errors are generic, but it's certainly a connection issue between Simplifi & WF's API. Location could play a role depending on the cloud configuration at either vendor. I've been with Simplifi for ~2yrs with no major issues with connectivity @ WF until recently.

That said, connectivity issues with other vendors has been common. I suspect this will eventually be resolved, just hope it doesn't take as long as it took to resolve the Vanguard issue. 🙏

• papermuffins
    papermuffins Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Holy smokes there's a lot of ongoing banking connectivity issues: https://community.simplifimoney.com/categories/current-online-banking-issues

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @papermuffins,

Thanks for reporting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing intermittent issues connecting to Wells Fargo in Simplifi.

I'm not aware of any additional reports of this issue with Wells Fargo so I don't think it's a widespread issue. With a 101 error for big banks, we do want to allow at least 24 hours for the error to self-resolve before we'd be able to pursue any kind of escalation. However, since the issue is intermittent for you, it doesn't sound like an escalation would be necessary. The issue may have something to do with connecting during peak hours, etc., where the bank may be throttling (limiting) connectivity.

I'm not sure exactly when as of yet, but there are plans to switch to Wells Fargo's OAuth API in the near future. Hopefully that change will improve connectivity with Wells Fargo in general. In the meantime, I'd suggest updating your accounts outside of peak hours or over the weekend if at all possible. You can also try resetting the connection by following the steps here to see if doing so helps to clear things up.

Let us know if you are unable to connect for an extended period of time (over 24 hours). 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• papermuffins
    papermuffins Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Howdy @Coach Natalie I've done the reset connection (multiple attempts), it fails to connect too.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @papermuffins,

Thanks for posting back, although I'm sorry to hear that the trouble persists.

It looks like this issue was already escalated for you due to an interaction you had with Chat Support. Once an update becomes available, the original Chat Agent you worked with will be back in touch.

-Coach Natalie

• Leo Brenns
    Leo Brenns Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Been trying to connect for days with Wells Fargo. Nada. Tried the App on the phone and the laptop. Tried different IP addresses. Nothing, Very frustrating.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Leo Brenns,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing difficulties connecting to Wells Fargo in Simplifi.

When viewing your connection attempts from our end, it looks like you're also receiving a 101 error — is that correct? Is the error occurring on existing accounts, or when attempting to connect to Wells Fargo for the first time? If the former, please go ahead and reset the account connection for Wells Fargo by following the steps listed here.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was getting failure to connect to WF on May 18 and 19, but no issues before or since.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• papermuffins
    papermuffins Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I got an email from Support saying they resolved the issue, however when I went to access Simplifi again (been a week since I've been able to use the product) it still fails. This time with a new error, FDP-105.

Frustrating to say the least. They may have fixed one issue, but the problem still exists.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I got the 105 error this morning as well

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @papermuffins & @ajbopp,

I'm sorry to hear that you're both receiving a 105 error with Wells Fargo.

Since I am seeing successful refreshes for both of you over the last few days up until today, it does appear that the 101 error was indeed resolved and the 105 error is an entirely separate issue. With a 105 error, we do want to allow at least 24 hours for the issue to self-resolve. Based on the message I'm seeing from our end, I'd also suggest attempting to update your accounts outside of peak hours.

With that said, if the 105 error is still occurring after 24 hours, you'll want to go ahead and create a new post to report the separate issue.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.