American Express Business and Personal Accounts

Options
JPFSR
JPFSR Member

I have AMEX Business and Personal Accounts with different ID and Passwords. How can I connect separately to AMEX?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you figured this out? I think you just add an account, choose the appropriate AmEx connection and enter your business credentials. Once it finds your business accounts, you choose the one(s) you want. If you already have the account in Simplifi, then just link it.

Then go to the personal account you want to link (or add a new account), choose appropriate AmEx connection and enter your personal credentials.

Let us know how this goes @JPFSR .

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• JPFSR
    JPFSR Member
    Options

I’ve tried that approach however when I link the business accounts it delinks the personal account and vice reversal. I think Quicken need to address with a fix it started in May ‘23.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @JPFSR,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting two sets of credentials with American Express in Simplifi.

Yes, you should be able to just select the correct 'American Express' instance in Simplifi, enter your personal credentials, and then add your personal accounts, and then do the same thing for the business accounts by using the second set of credentials. Since it doesn't sound like this is working for you, please provide the following information so we can get a clearer idea of what's going on:

1. What type of accounts are you trying to add under both the personal and business credentials sets?
    2. What option(s) are you selecting in Simplifi for American Express when attempting to add both the personal and business accounts?
    3. Are you connecting to American Express's API in Simplifi when attempting to add both sets of credentials where you are asked to authorize your accounts?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• JPFSR
    JPFSR Member
    Options

Thank you for comments Coach Natalie,

1. I'm using Quicken Deluxe Version R49.29
    2. I have existing accounts 2 American Express Business Accounts and 1 Personal
    3. When I link the business accounts it delinks the personal account and vice reversal
    4. When I link the accounts, it asks for American Express Authorization which I completed
    5. This problem just started in May '23, I've never had the problem before.

Jim

This discussion has been closed.