Projected Cash Flow chart should show balance drop for scheduled payments

Options
billy.govols
billy.govols Member
edited June 2023 in Projected Cash Flow

When I look at this chart for my checking or savings accounts I can see the upcoming bill for the. credit card but if I look at the cash flow chart for the credit card, it does not show the same payment as a drop in the balance right now.

Sometimes I like to know how much will be left on my credit card after the payment but have to calculate that in my head at this time.

After having that beautiful and useful feature on my other accounts it feels very clumsy not to have it on the credit card accounts screen as well.

Thanks for all the great work on the product, seems like it gets better and better every day!

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @billy.govols,

Thanks for posting your feedback to the Community!

I went ahead and moved this out of Feature Requests, as this ability is already available in Simplifi. To see the income side of the credit card payment displayed in the Projected Cash Flow of the credit card account, in addition to seeing the expense side of the payment reflected in the payment account's Projected Cash Flow, you'd want to set up the associated Series as a Recurring Linked Transfer by using the credit card account for the Category.

As a side note, setting up the Recurring Series this way could affect your Spending Plan, as you'll see both the income and expense Reminders, so they'll offset each other (please see here for more details). However, this will be changing very soon (in the next couple of weeks, most likely) with the addition of a 'Transfers' bucket in the Spending Plan, and a lot more flexibility when it comes to managing Transfers and Credit Card Payments in the Spending Plan.

Please let us know how this setup works for you!

-Coach Natalie

• billy.govols
    billy.govols Member
    Options

ok gotcha, thank you!

This discussion has been closed.