PayPal "Balance With Pending" settings (?)

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a -new- paypal mastercard account and yesterday added it to Simplifi.

I entered two transactions, and, initially, simplifi included the transactions in the balance.

Today, afer a sync, the balance is showing as zero. Which is the bank balance, which doesn't show pending.

I suspect, but do not know, this is a balance with pending issue.

As of now, "Balance with pending" is unchecked for the account, but on top of account page it shows the phrase "Balance with pending". Do I check it?

Also, I found this closed discussion which may or may not be related -

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @RobWilk,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

If you'd like Simplifi to deduct pending transactions from the balance provided by the bank, you'd want to leave the 'Balance with Pending' option unchecked under the Account Settings (more details on this are outlined here). And if you're referring to the phrase "Balance with pending" that's displayed in the upper right of your accounts on the Web App, this shows regardless of the 'Balance with Pending' setting for the account (as far as I can tell), and is just a tool-tip, as well as a shortcut to the Account Settings.

If you believe you're seeing a balance discrepancy in Simplifi, the first thing you'll want to do is go through the troubleshooting steps outlined in our Support Article here to see if you can identify the culprit and resolve it.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.