Target Goal Date toggle turns itself on

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in Report a Bug

I have one savings goal (or more than one) where I keep the target date off because it's more of a long term goal with uncertain date…

I noticed with the recent update, that after editing it, then refreshing the page, that the target goal date was turned on for that goal if i went to edit it again. It shouldn't have been.

I noticed every time that (1) I turned off target goal date and (2) saved the goal, (3) open the goal to edit it on the edit page the toggle would be on. So if i saved it aagain it would be back on.

I guess the problem is every time I edit a goal, the target goal date is on by default.

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with Savings Goals in Simplifi.

I was able to reproduce this behavior and have gotten it escalated. I'll be sure to post back as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-16663

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @RobWilk,

A fix for this issue is expected with the 3.77.0 Web Release. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Looking forward to it, I spent over an hour today cleaning up my goals (and fixing up my spending plan for future months), and now none of my goals are ahead of or behind schedule. I have one goal that intentionally had the target goal date turned off. In the process, today, I realized I was being overly aggressive in my savings goals, and I dialed back my monthly contribution by $100 because I was constantly dipping back into savings because I put too much in and didn't leave enough to spend.

Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RobWilk, like you said in another post, "squeaky wheel gets greased." Congrats on seeing this long-time request com true!

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.