Ability to select a Category with the Tab key (edited)

Options
FinTechMan
FinTechMan Member ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Feature Requests

when I am working on splitting a transaction I want to use the keyboard to enter values and move through the screen using hot keys.

I have to hit enter (to select the option I am on) and then I have to hit tab TWICE to move to the next field (yes twice). I would be ok with tab selecting the currently highlighted option and automatically moving me to next field. or hitting enter once to select and tab to move over but having to hit tab twice is really annoying.

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @FinTechMan,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this behavior.

As it doesn't look like the current behavior is a bug (the first Tab is re-highlighting the Category field), I went ahead and turned this into an Idea post requesting that Tab select the Category instead of Enter, as I do see that this would most likely prevent the double-Tab if it were able to select the highlighted Category.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The wording "instead of" or "vs" makes me not want to vote for this. I'm all for both tab and enter working for this purpose. In my view, enter would save it but leave you in the field, while tab would save it but move on to the next field.

Rob Wilkens