"An error occurred" when creating a recurring series (edited)

Options
sapond
sapond Member
edited June 2023 in Report a Bug

Not able to create any recurring series when I click on the link for the details of any transaction. It just spins and says an error occurred. In the network tab, it shows a 500 error with the following:
{
"title": "An internal problem has occurred while processing your request [RequestId = null]. Please try after some time.",
"httpStatus": 500,
"code": "QCS-0500",
"extData": {
"exception": "NumberFormatException: For input string: """
}
}

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @sapond,

Thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with creating a Recurring Series in Simplifi.

I'm not personally seeing any issues with creating a Recurring Series in Simplifi, and I tried from a transaction, as well as from the Settings > Recurring section. Are you still experiencing this issue in Simplifi? If so, is it occurring on the Simplifi Web App, the Mobile App, or both? Also, have you tried creating the Series by navigating to Settings > Recurring? More details on creating Recurring Series' can be found here.

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• sapond
    sapond Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

I have the same error when I go to Settings > Recurring and attempt to add that way.
    This is happening both on the web and on IOS App.

I think the problem is some bug with my account.

It's probably worth noting that I see this every time I log on. I used the Send feedback tool.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @sapond,

Thanks for posting back!

Please attempt to perform the same actions from a different browser, as well as in incognito or private mode, to see if the issue is perhaps browser-related for the Web App. For the Mobile App, I'd suggest performing a full uninstall/reinstall, and rebooting your device in between, to see if that helps clear up the behavior there.

If the issue persists, please provide the steps to reproduce it in a numbered format where you're documenting each thing you click on, both when creating the Series from a transaction and from Settings > Recurring. Please also outline the specific details to try and narrow down the behavior, such as if the error occurs with any kind of Recurring Series, or perhaps when just creating an "Income" Series, etc.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.