Many Investment Transactions don't get included in the Summary Holdings

Options
Wooloomooloo2
Wooloomooloo2 Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2023 in Investments

Hi - I have an employee stock account which I have added manually. If I add "buy" transactions for the stock (which I am able to pick) as well as the deposit for the funds that purchase the securities, when I look at the portfolio screen or balances screen, it just says zero.

In fact I've noticed than any manual adding of transactions in investment accounts doesn't change their balance, unless it's simple a cash deposit. Is this functionality not yet working?

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Wooloomooloo2,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

Investment Transactions are designed to be "behind-the-scenes" and do not impact your Portfolio Value in any way. More details on this are outlined in our Support Article here. With that said, to update your Portfolio Value, you'll want to either wait for updated quotes if the account is connected, or you can manually add/edit holdings or cash in the account if it's manual.

http://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4474538-tracking-investments-in-simplifi

If you have feedback regarding this design with the addition of Investment Transactions, I'd suggest leaving it on our Investment Transactions Feedback post so it can be reviewed by our Product Team.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.