Consistent Interface between Mobile and Web

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2023 in Feature Requests

As a user, I would like a consistent interface between the mobile app and the web app in order to minimize confustion about how to navigate and to identify what controls are for when I switch between the two apps.

Some examples:

Edit Reminder

The mobile app includes a "Connect to the Biller" link. The web app does not
The web app provides guidance on why you would link a transaction. The mobile app does not
The mobile app provides guidance on the difference between edit "here" and editing the series. The web app does not.
The Delete text is in Red on the web app, and in blue on the mobile app, plus the text says different things between the two. (The mobile app isn't consistent with itself in this regard - depending on where you are in the app, the text is either blue, black or red - or, in the case of Edit Refund, there's no text at all, just the trash can icon.)

Menu

The Menus between the mobile app and web app are not in the same order, contain different text in some cases, and even contain different items

All Transactions

The order that transactions appear in is inconsistent between the mobile and web apps

There are many more examples, and none of them amount to much individually. But as someone who primarily uses the web app, the cumulative differences often leave me confused about how to use the mobile app when it's convenient for me to do so. I can figure it out, but it takes time and breaks the concept of an inuitive interface.

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

2 votes

Active · Last Updated