Limit Spending Plan to Certain Accounts?

Diver4242
Diver4242 Member ✭✭
edited June 2023 in Using the Spending Plan

I only want the spending plan to look at our checking and credit card for transactions. I don't see how to do that. In the settings I see Hide from Reports on the accounts, but not Hide from Spending Plan. The investing account transactions and so forth are screwing everything up.

I'd like to do my budgeting/cash flow monthly from those two accounts. I have my investing accounts included in Simpli because I'd like to track net worth and performance, so will excluding them to satisfy the cash flow thing remove my tracking for those purposes??

Best Answer

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Diver4242

Awhile back @Coach Natalie posted this…

At this time, ignoring an account from Reports will also automatically ignore it from the Spending Plan. To do so, you'll want to navigate to Settings>Accounts, locate the account in question, click the three dots at the end of it, and select "Hide from reports".

Here is the original post (click here). Since I don't really use the Investing side of Simplifi, I can't speak to much to how everything effects the net worth and cash flow. Does Natalie's statement help get you closer to an answer?

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.

Answers

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭

can you provide more detail on this? I don't think I've ever seen an investment transaction show up in the spending plan, and am having trouble visualizing what you are experiencing.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Diver4242
    Diver4242 Member ✭✭

I've since cleaned it up but for example one was a regular monthly distribution from my IRA to my checking account. I have taxes withheld from that. The taxes showed up as "other spending" in the spending plan. Pretty sure I was also seeing things related to sweep transactions, reinvested dividends, etc. Most people do their "spending" from just their checking and credit cards, so it would be good to have a setting on the spending plan to only include certain accounts. I read the help articles and it's still unclear what you lose out on by checking not to include something from reports. Sometimes that also includes spending plan, sometimes not. Confusing.

• Diver4242
    Diver4242 Member ✭✭

I'm working through things and trying to get it working as I'd like. That helps, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.