Recurring Reminders Reset to Series Default Amount (edited)

Options
bc1656`
bc1656` Member
edited June 2023 in Report a Bug

When I delete recurring bills or subscription reminders, they reappear the next day, no matter what.

If I change the $ amount for a reminder, the next day, it goes back to the series default value, every time.

I have already reported this bug via help channels and supplied ample documentation, screenshots, etc. Why does this keep happening, and is the dev team aware of this issue?

As you can imgine, this makes Simplifi pretty unusable from a budgeting perspective… I log in do some work, change my recurring bills to what is going to actually happen this month, and then the next day all my work is undone. I’ve had to go back to using spreadsheets to get clarity on what my end of month balances will actually look like.

It's really shocking to me that no one else has reported this. I can easily re-create this issue, and it is happening on all my family member's accounts, cross platform, on any browser/device.

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

If you edit a series, the whole series reappears starting with the next date, and all with the defalt series amounts and dates. The next date do not move forward when you delete a reminder, only when matched. This seemed to explain similar experiences i had.

Rob Wilkens

• bc1656`
    bc1656` Member
    Options

@RobWilk thanks - to clarify, this bug actually happens when I edit a single reminder and do not touch the series.

Aka.. I edit the monthly reminder for my utility bill to what will be auto drafted based on the statement I got in the mail. Change nothing else.

The next day, Simplifi refreshes and reverts the $ amount for my utility bill this month back to the series default for my utility bill.

Another example… I have supplement subscriptions that are charged most months. Some months I pause the subscription because I have too much. When I do this, I delete the reminder for that month. Change nothing else. The next day, Simplifi refreshes, and the reminder that I deleted comes back on it's own.

This should not be happening.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @bc1656`,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior with Reminders in Simplifi.

It looks like this issue was already escalated via an interaction you had with our Chat Support Team last month. The ticket is still being worked on and I'm not seeing any further updates to provide. Once an update does become available, the original agent you worked with will be back in touch via the original chat.

Sorry for not having a better answer, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.