Unable to add PayPal Savings account (edited)

Options
defiantsnack000
defiantsnack000 Member

PayPal Savings (https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/savings/) is missing, and does not appear when linking my PayPal Account. I have tried using both the "PayPal" and the "PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto" account linking options, but neither of them show PayPal Savings when my PayPal account successfully links. Though it is provided by Synchrony Bank, it also does not appear when I link my Synchrony Bank accounts. I have added it manually, but it would be nice to have it available to connect to and sync

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @defiantsnack000,

Thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties adding your PayPal Savings account in Simplifi.

I went ahead and moved this out of Missing FI Requests, as PayPal Savings accounts should already be supported in Simplifi; instead, this issue needs some troubleshooting.

With that said, you should be able to add PayPal Savings accounts with the option listed as "PayPal" in Simplifi. Since this PayPal instance uses the OAuth API to connect, there may be some limitations. For example, does the account have any transactions besides interest deposits in the last year? If not, this may be preventing it from being recognized.

Please provide the following information so we can get a clearer idea of what's going on:

1. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    2. Are you routed to a different URL when selecting the account on the bank's website/is the account an external account?
    3. Is the missing account a sub-type of another account?
    4. When you go through the API to authorize your accounts with PayPal, is the missing Savings account presented as available to authorize?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.