Duplicate Pending Transactions (edited)

Options
Diver4242
Diver4242 Member ✭✭
edited July 2023 in Report a Bug

I spent a lot of time yesterday categorizing transactions, including a few big split transactions (costco, etc). Today they're all back to uncategorized. I did all the work on my laptop. Why is Simplifi undoing all my work and causing all this extra work? I'm pretty sure I've seen this before, but this time I'm sure, because it took quite some time. And I threw the receipts away after I did it, so that's a problem.

On second glance, I see the transactions actually duplicated. For example, I had a pending transaction yesterday, dated June 5, 2023, Costco $144.10. I categorized that. Now I see another one in the pending list dated June 6, 2023 Costco $144.10 uncategorized.

There's a whole bunch of duplicates like that in pending.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Diver4242,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue in Simplifi.

To clarify, how were the original transactions entered in Simplifi — were they downloaded from the bank as 'pending'? And to confirm, the changes you made when recategorizing the transactions were not actually reverted, correct? If so, it sounds like the issue at hand is duplicate transactions.

To troubleshoot duplicate transactions, please follow the steps outlined in our Support Article here.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.