Pending transaction also shows up in cleared

Options
nicko
nicko Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in Troubleshooting

Hello Simplifi team,

For the past several months I have noticed a reoccurring issue where a transaction shows up in cleared but also stays in pending. Often the transaction listed in pending is several days/weeks old and I see the actual transaction in the "non pending" listing below for the correct date. I have now had to delete 5 or more pending transactions.

Thanks for your help,

Nicko

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @nicko,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing duplicate transactions in Simplifi.

Please take a look over the steps outlined in our Support Article here to troubleshoot duplicate transactions. In the case of duplicate transactions where one is cleared and the other is pending, if both were downloaded from the bank and have the same "Appears on your statement as..." info, you'd want to just delete one of the duplicates, usually the pending one.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• pkp
    pkp Member ✭✭
    Options

Chiming in on this thread because I'm having the same problem. Transactions take as many as 4 days on my end to reconcile pending with cleared, even though the Cleared version already exists. It's straightforward how we can manually fix this (by deleting the Pending version), but the point here is that this is a bug. The solution shouldn't be to have us all go through our pending transactions and reconciling those that already have cleared. It's unclear why Simplifi is having this issue. I've never had any other budgeting app do this. If I need to do all this manual work, there's no point in having an app. The problem is made worse because there's no way to remove pending transactions from Reports, so my spending reports are always slightly off due to duplicate transactions.

Please look into fixing this rather than just asking us to delete transactions manually. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.