Spending Plan - Please allow configurable account exclusion

Options
RiversideKid
RiversideKid Member ✭✭
edited July 2023 in Feedback

I love the Spending Plan idea but can't make it work.

I have income, bills, subscriptions and Other Expenses. When I moved my rollover retirement accounts from one investment company to another my Spending Plan showed that I had spent 32 times my monthly income.

Last month I had a few dividends in my rollover retirement accounts, which invested into other funds/stocks/etc. and my Spending Plan showed that I had spent 4 times my income.

Auto excluding all investments would not work for me as I use the Fidelity Brokerage account as my primary spending account.

I don't think I will always want to exclude all retirement accounts as I plan to retire in about 8 years.

The only solution I can come up with is that the Spending Plan needs to allow user configuration where we can auto exclude retirement accounts until I retire and then I can change it to include retirement accounts as I need to do so in retirement. (Maybe include ROTH accounts some years and later include traditional IRA accounts, so this would need to be available on an account by account basis, not account type by account type (investment, brokerage, retirement etc.)

Would this work for a majority of Simplifi By Quicken users? 😉

Quicken for Windows user since 1994 (After MYM for DOS)
Simplifi by Quicken since 2023

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @RiversideKid,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with the Community!

You can currently ignore individual accounts from the Spending Plan by ignoring it from Reports under the Settings menu.

http://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5160316-how-to-ignore-accounts-from-reports-and-the-spending-plan

This option ignores the account from Reports, Watchlists, and the Spending Plan. If you're looking for the option to ignore an account from just the Spending Plan while still including it in Reports, please be sure to add your vote and feedback here.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• RiversideKid
    RiversideKid Member ✭✭
    Options

Then the question becomes; How do I see my hidden accounts on reports but not include them in the spending plan.

I am trying to use the spending plan for the current cash flow while using the reports to show my overall situation. Am I missing something in the very basic use of the product? (I was really surprised to see that an IRA transfer between institutions (where I never saw a check) was counted in my current month's spending plan.) Where I do want the retirement accounts to be available later on, they are not part of my current month to money funds at present, not until I retire.

I did hide my retirement accounts and amazingly it barely changes the "Other spending" in the Spending Plan so I need to take some time to see what is counted and what is not.

Thank you for the quick reply, but I do not see how hiding an account would help.

Quicken for Windows user since 1994 (After MYM for DOS)
    Simplifi by Quicken since 2023

This discussion has been closed.