Discrepancy Between Savings Goals Page and Accounts List (edited)

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in Report a Bug

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
Browser: Chrome
App: 4.3.1

I have a couple of Savings Goals that are funded from my Savings Account. They currently show this status:

These total $1239.97, and I did verify that all the contributions to these goals actually come out of savings, and I didn't mistakenly contribute from checking at any time.

But in the account list on the dashboard, I see this:

This is showing me that I actually have only $211.36 tied up in SGs. I double checked with the bank, and the total savings account balance is correct at $839.17, so this leads to a number of questions.

• Why is there a difference between the Savings Goals cards and the Dashboard total (again, I verifed that all contributions have come from the savings account)
  • How do the SG cards show a balance that is higher than what is actually in my savings account?

Then I changed the display from "By Goal" to "Account" and got a different set of numbers that do not match either the "By Goal" view or the Dashboard (except for the Available Balance/Available To Save value):

I was also able to verify in this view that these goals have not been funded by any other account.

I also have a similar problems with my checking account, though I won't spam you with screen shots. The SG page shows $1957.37 in 4 different goals funded by the checking account, but the dashboard shows a SG total of $1757.10

The Android application shows all of the same data and is in complete agreement with the web app.

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ajbopp,

Thank you for outlining this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior with your Savings Goals in Simplifi.

When reviewing your screenshots, I am seeing that the 'By account' view totals match the totals that are displayed in the Accounts List for your Wells Fargo Savings account. It looks like the Funeral Goal has $255 contributed from this account and the Minimum Savings Goal had money returned to the account in the amount of $44.18, which can be done by withdrawing from the Goal; I determined this by the lack of a plus sign in front of the $44.18 amount. $255 minus $44 equals the $211 total.

With that said, since there is no way to look back at contributions and withdraws to see the details, including the account used, I'm wondering if perhaps the incorrect account was used in some instances. Do you see either of these Goals displayed in the 'By account' view for any other accounts, by chance?

You may consider deleting and recreating the Goals in question while utilizing the "Saved so far" amount option when doing so to designate the already saved funds from the proper account. This might clear things right up for you!

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think the best option is to just delete all of my savings goals from Simplifi and not bother recreating them. Instead, I'll use a Google sheet to track them instead. Simplifi has never, ever displayed SG data correctly, and the Simplifi team has never, ever acknowledged this. It's defective at a fundamental level, and I'm weary of trying to work around it or convince the team to address it.

" since there is no way to look back at contributions and withdraws to see the details, including the account used…"

Does this, by chance, raise even the tiniest of alarm bells? That's rhetorical, btw. You've explained in the past that this is not on the roadmap.

"…I'm wondering if perhaps the incorrect account was used in some instances. Do you see either of these Goals displayed in the 'By account' view for any other accounts, by chance?"

As I explained twice in my post, I verfied (in a couple of different ways) that this did not happen.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

This discussion has been closed.