Truncating in Savings Goals "By Account" View?

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in Feedback

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
Browser: Chrome

When I go to Savings Goals and select "By Account" I see this:

It seems odd that with all the white space available here, the titles of any of the goals would get truncated.

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello @ajbopp,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with the Community!

It may be the device you're using that shows all of the white space. When viewing my Savings Goals 'By account' from my Mac PC, I'm not seeing all of the white space you are:

I'd guess that there's a certain character limit for the Goal names listed on this page, as I even created a new Goal with a long name and it is also truncated with the smaller amount of white space that I'm seeing. This is most likely so that Goal names will only take up so much real estate, regardless of the screen size or the number of Goals.

With that said, you are welcome to create an Idea post requesting that Savings Goal names not be truncated in the 'By account' view so other users can vote on it and our Product Team can get an idea of how this limitation is affecting our users. Or I can turn this post into the Idea post — just let me know! 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

About 2/3 of the space under the heading "Saved for goals" in your screenshot is white space.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see the "…" too on a Windows laptop using up-to-date Chrome. It would be nice if they responsively sorted themselves so that with 3 you'd have 1 column, 7 you'd have 2 columns, and 20 you'd have 3 columns (or something like that). If I had lots of Savings Goals and all the white space was filled up, I'd expect to see the truncated names, but in this screenshot, there's plenty of unused screen real-estate so it does seem a bit unnecessary.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.