Updating Simplifi

Options
mdm
mdm Member
edited July 2023 in Troubleshooting

I see there are newer versions of Simplifi, but no links to download them. How do I update my current version?

Best Answers

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @mdm, you don’t really have to do anything for Simplifi updates. They typically will occur automatically on mobile and on web if you just give them a day or two. If it’s been an unreasonable amount of time, then let us know which one isn’t updating and someone can assist.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @mdm,

Thanks for posting to the Community!

This post goes over how to tell which version you're on for both the Simplifi Web and Mobile Apps:

For the Web App, 3.77.1 is the latest release. If you're experiencing an issue with missing transactions, it would most likely be an aggregation (online banking) issue and wouldn't have anything to do with an update. If you're still experiencing missing transactions in Simplifi and you'd like to report it, I'd suggest creating a new post in the applicable section of the Community to outline the issue. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• mdm
    mdm Member
    Options

Thanks, Flopbot. Is there a notification to let you know when an update has been made? I've looked everywhere on Simplifi—and on Quicken—to find out what version I have of both, but I didn't see where that information is. I'm just trying to make sure what I have is the most up-to-date.

I had an issue with Simplifi not recording some of my credit card charges. Most were recorded, but a few were not and I didn't know why. I thought it may have been because of an update issue.

• mdm
    mdm Member
    Options

Flopbot: just found that I have Quicken version 3.77.1. If this is the most recent version, I still don't know why I have the problem with the credit card charges not recording.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@mdm to clarify, are you using the traditional ‘Quicken Desktop’ that you have to download onto a computer or Quicken’s newest offering called ‘Simplifi’ which is cloud based? If you’re using Quicken Desktop, then you’re in the wrong community since this is a Simplifi community. No worries, lots of people get them confused.

Here is some information about the differences…

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • mdm
    mdm Member
    Options

@Flopbot: I'm using Simplifi. I access it using my desktop and the mobile app. My initial question was about Simplifi, not Quicken. I know that Simplifi is a Quicken product, so I thought there may have been a connection. But thanks for the post with the difference between them.

• mdm
    mdm Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie: thank you for the explanation. I've only seen the missing transactions in a few cases, but will look more closely and report this if I see that multiple ones that are missing.

This discussion has been closed.