How do I see new (unreviewed) transactions

Options
DavidB
DavidB Member ✭✭

I'm new to Simplifi. Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but I cannot figure out how to see which transactions I've already reviewed vs those that are new and unreviewed.

In other words, though Simplifi is categorizing transactions as they come in, it is sometimes wrong (e.g., I might buy food from my local CVS or I might buy medicine, I need to review each transaction to determine which category it should go in, I can't let Simpli default it).

How do I tell which transactions I've already reviewed vs the ones that have come in since then? I am transitioning from another product and in that product it was easy becaues I had to approve each transaction, so it was a simple matter of looking for unapproved transactions. Looking for "Uncategorized" transactions doesn't work, since Simplifi is mostly defaulting them based on past activity.

I hope I'm being clear.

David

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @DavidB,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

The best way to determine new transactions that need to be reviewed is to add the 'Reviewed' column:

1. Select Banking from the top of your Accounts List.
    2. Select the gear icon to the upper right of the register.
    3. Click Reviewed so it has a checkmark next to it.

Once added, you'll be able to check your transactions off as "reviewed" by utilizing the checkmark:

More details on using the 'Reviewed' column can be found here. I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@DavidB , welcome to Simplifi! One additional thing that might give you some piece of mind is that if you happen to miss reviewing a transaction here or there, it's not end of the world. Sure, it will cause problems for the Spending Plan & Reports, but it won't throw off the bank balance or (likely) the projected balance like it might have with other software you've tried before. This is one of the things I really like about Simplifi.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DavidB
    DavidB Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie thanks, that's just what I wanted.

@Flopbot: I understand your point and agree with it, thanks

This discussion has been closed.