Use Transaction Detail modal for 'Edit transaction' in Bills & Income of the Spending Plan (edited)

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2023 in Feature Requests

When I edit transactions from the Transfers bucket, I am not shown the regular 'edit transaction' screen even if the transaction is already (not future/reminder) entered. Specifically, I need help seeing notes or tags. When determining whether I want a transaction to be ignored, it would be helpful to have those details.

Rob Wilkens

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @RobWilk,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with the Community!

It looks like the 'Edit Transaction' window that opens when selecting to edit a transaction from the Transfers bucket is the same window that opens for Bills and other items listed in the Bills & Income section of the Spending Plan, so it's not exclusive to just Transfers. Additionally, this appears to be the same as it's always been for transactions listed in the Bills & Income section of the Spending Plan.

With that said, I do see that other areas of the Spending Plan, such as Planned Spending and Other Spending, open the regular Transaction Detail modal when selecting to edit a transaction. I'm not sure why there's a difference, but I did go ahead and turn this into an Idea post requesting that the Transaction Detail modal be used for Bills & Income as well.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie