Reset Password takes few hours to "actually" reset password

Options
knockknock
knockknock Member
edited August 2023 in Troubleshooting

The first few times I tried logging into Simplifi after creating my account, I happened to forget the password but even after resetting, I could not log back in. Tried multiple times with matching passwords even using someone else's help to make sure. And, gave up eventually. Tried after few weeks same issue. Then this time, I changed/reset password again 5-6 times. Waited about 12 hours to log back in, it worked. Voila!

So, figured it was not that i was entering wrong password, it was time to reset that was taking some time. Although in here, if i I would have procrastinated less or tried this during day time, might have been able to engage support, but nevertheless - worth checking why it takes so long to just reset password.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @knockknock,

Thanks for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you experienced an issue signing into Simplifi.

When viewing your connection attempts from our end, it looks like you were receiving a certain security error that was preventing you from logging in. It wasn't that the password reset wasn't working, it was that you needed to allow some time to pass for the security error to clear.

With that said, I'm glad to hear that you were able to get signed in now. It looks like the security error has cleared up and you are good to go. For future reference, our support article here has troubleshooting steps for sign-in issues that can be utilized in case something like this pops up again.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.