Unable to separate to recurring bills from one company

Options
debdrex
debdrex Member
edited August 2023 in Troubleshooting

Hello!

While setting up recurring bills I've come across a problem where my husband and I each receive a bill from the same company for a different amount. It seems to me that I need to set up two separate recurring bills. However, when I try to do that (by appending our names after the name of the company i.e. CompanyName-Deb) Simplifi counts them as 1 bill. Is there a way to separate them?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @debdrex

I have a couple of instances of recurring bills from the same biller that I have successfully taught Simplifi to distinguish properly so it can be done! Two of them have different amounts that I use to distinguish them. Another has the same amount but different billing dates. Something else that may be helpful would be to create a renaming rule for each transaction based on the information downloaded from the bank/biller.

This support article is helpful for understanding recurring transactions:

You may need to manually connect the reminder to the transaction a time or two for Simplifi to "learn' to make the distinction, but it can be done.

Someone else may have more info or more specific directions.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer

Answers

• debdrex
    Options

Thank you Danny, for your quick and very helpful reply! I was able to separate the two recurring bills using the amount, as he recommended, by following the instructions in the article that you provided the link to.

This discussion has been closed.