When will the Apple credit card be supported

Options
eestern53
eestern53 Member
edited August 2023 in Feedback

One reason that I might leave Simplifi for [removed] is they support the Apple Credit Card. Curious why you can't.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Apple card doesn't have a website, or didn't when i had one a couple years ago. I'm sure that is a factor.

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Apple has always been rather exclusive.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • eestern53
    eestern53 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Whats weird is than [removed] has no problem connecting to the Apple Card.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

As with all things Apple, it's not just a matter of understanding the API and hooking into it. Apple must approve each application that wants to connect with it. It has allowed some apps to do so, and not others. Their reasons are their own, but it's useless to bug Simplifi about supporting Apple Card. You need to be in touch with Apple about supporting Simplifi.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• MehulAmin
    MehulAmin Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Actually there is a website for Apple Card. But I don't think that's the real problem here. Like @ajbopp said, Apple probably has a strict approval process for site/apps/services connecting to their servers.

I just wish Simplifi was more transparent on this matter letting the community what is preventing them from supporting this feature. And yes, [removed] has support for Apple Card so not sure why Simplifi can't follow suit.

• Jer
    Jer Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Any updates on progress or status for apple card integration?

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jer , Simplifi provides an update to this specific question about once a month and that update is typically "nothing to share at this time" - the last time that I see in this chain was June 27th (24 days ago). Unfortunately, I doubt your going to get a different responce this time. I'm positive they are working on it and will 'shout it from the rooftop' when Apple Card is finally supported. Till then…

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • eestern53
    eestern53 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

heres the problem Simplifi costs money to use [removed] is free and [removed] has no problem with Apple card and paypal. Sipmlifi can't make Apple card or paypal master card work. If I am going to pay money for something that does not work why use it. At this point I'll let my subscription run out since I now use [removed] all the to read all of my accounts at once.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My paypal mastercard works fine with simplifi. There was a bug i complained about, but that was quickly fixed.

Rob Wilkens

• eestern53
    eestern53 Member
    Options

Mine does not give me a total, I talked to support and it was never fixed. I can see all my transactions but I had to make a separate manual account to add my total in.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Don't know what a total is in this context, it gets the balance from the bank and adds pending transactions to get a balance total. It does not add cleared transactions at all.

Rob Wilkens

• eestern53
    eestern53 Member
    Options

In may case it always shows zero as balance when the balance is not zero on PayPal's website, it does show every transaction. This happened over 2 months ago that it stoped totaling up my live balance.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I suggest resetting the connection from account settings, sometimes that fixes a synch issue. I'm not trying to talk you out of switching, just sharing that paypal mc works for me in simplifi. 2 months ago i also had issues, but like i said they fixed what i saw.

Rob Wilkens

• eestern53
    eestern53 Member
    Options

I actually deleted the account and set it up again. did not work. I may have to do that again.

• eestern53
    eestern53 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Simplifi response to my PayPal issue.

"We are currently seeing an issue with PayPal Credit Card Accounts missing transactions. We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible, however, there is currently no ETA on when a resolution can be expected."

Like I said if you pay for something it should work, but [removed] and a lot of other free money management sites don't have these issues.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I hadn't noticed that, but for the past 2-3 weeks, I've been on Vacation, and as a result, I primarily was using a credit card with travel/dining rewards (3% on dining, primarily - on one meal I got $16+ in cashback) instead of my PayPal card (which is 3% on PayPal, 2% on everything else).

I do know that they have a third-party provider who handles the PayPal connection, and they submit bug reports to that provider and wait for them to correct the issue. When I described an issue recently, a fix took less than one week. I suspect some bugs are more difficult to solve than others.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.