Ability to deselect Subcategories in Filters when the Parent Category is selected (edited)

Options
Norm6257
Norm6257 Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in Feature Requests

When applying a category filter to the transactions list, selecting a parent category automatically selects all the sub-categories. There is no way to unselect any of the sub-categories.

This makes it imposible to set a filter to only show transactions assigned to the parent category. For example, in the below I want to find all transaction that are only assigned to the parent category of "Transfer", but not any of the transactions that have been properly assigned to a sub-category of Transfer. But the current functionality doesn't allow that.

In addition to allowing unchecking of sub-categories, it would be nice to have the parent checkbox a 'triple action' checkbox. That is, when clicking on the parent category (Transfer):

• The first click would select Transfer and all the sub-categories.
  • The second click would keep the parent Transfer selected but would unselect all the sub-categories.
  • The third click would unselect all (the parent and the subs).

9 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• aolafsson
    aolafsson Member ✭✭✭
    Options

As an example, I have the top-level category "Shopping" and then that has underlying sub-categories, "Clothing" "Shoes" "Books" "Hobbies" etc. On the 'Transactions' screen, I want to be able filter down to only transactions that have exactly the top-level category of "Shopping" and not everything in the shopping umbrella.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi,

This feature request already exists. Vote for it.

[removed link to merged thread]

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• jeggerss
    Options

Where can I find the feature request to vote for this?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Scroll up to the first page and press the up arrow in the yellow button.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present