Ability to use the Mobile App in Landscape Orientation (edited)

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2023 in Feature Requests

This probably needs to be an idea post, but I missed where to do that when I wrote the below.

I just invested about $650 in a new Samsung Tablet ("new" though it was released two years ago and isn't really "new") complete with a keyboard case… It's like a mini laptop and tablet in one, which really isn't a new thing, but for me I haven't had a tablet setup like this in about 4-5 years.

Anyway, I can run Simplifi on this tablet fine, it's pretty fast and full screen. However, I'm a little upset that the orientation is locked to "portrait" and even worse, only one orientation of portrait. I realize for a phone you want to 'encourage' portrait use of the app, but nothing should stop landscape view (in my case, if i use my keyboard, I'm looking at the screen in landscape).

There is probably virtually no code changes required (except maybe editing a manifest file) to allow other orientations. Any chance you can support Landscape on the app? Otherwise, I'm looking at the app on it's side when i run it (unless I hold in portrait).

Rob Wilkens

8 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @RobWilk,

Thanks for posting your suggestion to the Community!

Although tablet support isn't offered for the Simplifi Mobile App (we recommend using the Web App on a browser when accessing Simplifi from a tablet), it looks like landscape isn't available for the Mobile App in general. So, I went ahead and turned this into an Idea post requesting the ability to use the Mobile App in landscape so other users can vote on it and our Product Team can review it.

Also, if you have any feedback regarding the use of the Mobile App on a tablet and the limitations it has compared to a mobile device, please post your experience here and add your vote:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Theharrispjs
    Options

I exclusively use my tablet for Quicken Simplifi but cannot get a landscape view with either the mobile app nor the web.

Very frustrating since I cannot see the entire tag 88nfo.

• Jpigott@outlook.com
    Options

Agree just bought a new Samsung tablet and would have expected this app to work in landscape.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9
    Options

I have not yet found a browser that fails to display the web app in landscape mode

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9
    Options

@RobWilk

You should be able to "install" the Chrome extension on your tablet which is the web version and runs in landscape mode. It will appear with as an independent app on your screen with it's own launch icon.

I don't use the mobile version on my tablet… just not optimized for that scenario.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@DannyB

I've been trying to figure out how to do this for awhile now. I can't figure out how to get the Chrome extension prompt to trigger on an iOS tablet. I'd really like to try it there.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Flopbot

Try this…

1. Launch the Quicken Simplifi Web App from a Chrome browser window.
    2. Click the menu icon in the upper right.
    3. Hover over 'More Tools' and then select "Create Shortcut".
    4. Check the 'Open as window' box and then click "Create".

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@DannyB thanks for the idea. I haven't powered on my tablet for a few months, pretty much forgot i had it. At this point, i will need to charge it, but expect that would work.

Rob Wilkens