How long does it take for a request to add a FI to be processed?

Options
Jenger
Jenger Member
edited September 2023 in Adding and Updating Accounts

Also, is there any notification to the requestor?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Jenger , unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to be a set amount of time. I’ve had smaller financial institutions added in as little as a few months. Others have been waiting on major banks for years. I suspect it has more to do with the technical hoops the bank puts in place than with Simplifi although I have zero actual knowledge to go on.

I’d recommend searching these forums for your banks name to see how lucky you get.

Also, I would recommend at least considering adjusting your banking - if necessary - to get all your institutions supported. I understand this isn’t always a possibility, but if you really like Simplifi, it does make life much easier!

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.

Answers

• Jenger
    Options

Thanks for the info.

All of my main accounts with the most transactions are accounted for, but I have a few others such as mortgage lender, college savings plan, and high yield savings account I'd like added. I am enjoying simplifi so far, but if I have to do manual transactions for an extended period I may sour on it. The accounts I requested don't have too many transactions so it's fine temporarily, but I am definitely hoping it will be able to be aggregated automatically to save me time.

I could definitely look into a different bank for high yield savings that's a good tip, there might be a higher rate bank that is in the system

This discussion has been closed.