Projected Cash Flow does NOT include estimated Monthly Expense

Options
CROforce
CROforce Member
edited September 2023 in Projected Cash Flow

Looking at the Projected Cash Flow paints a picture of where you might be between now and 6 months. However, what is NOT included in that picture is the estimated Planned Spending aka "Monthly Expense". Let's say I have 10 different occurring expenses like Groceries, Auto and Transport, Entertainment, and so on. Each one of those has a set budget, and this budget is not included in Projected Cash Flow. If I look at the graph, it seems like I am going to be rich :-) but in reality, I need to account for the extra 2K that is part of my scheduled estimated Monthly Expense. I am not sure if there is a way around this since the transaction will occur at different times. Any thoughts on this?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Attosand
    Options

I'm here today to request the same thing.. Started a deep-dive into what seems like a great tool only to come to a screeching halt when I noticed that projected cash-flow doesn't actually include, you know, CASH FLOW.. How in the world did whomever designed this tool ever think it would be appropriate to not include actual planned spending in projected cashflow??? This makes absolutely no sense, and people have been asking for it for over 2 years now! What possibly is the explanation for this feature not existing from the start? I now have to jump through hoops to add up planned spending and then create fake future dated transactions to account for it if I want projected cash-flow to be meaningful.. Nothing "simple" about this.

• CROforce
    CROforce Member
    Options

Yeah… It would be nice to have an estimated date to go by. As mentioned, 2 years have passed by and a lot of people already asked about it. This should be part of the release from day 1.

This discussion has been closed.