Transactions Fields Being Reset to Default

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2023 in Report a Bug

This issue was first reported here, but the discussion is closed. @Coach Natalie asked some unanswered questions which I will try to address. This morning I had to redo all the transactions from the last two days because they had been reset. Transactions before then were OK.

1. Do all of the transactions in question reside in one account, or are you seeing this behavior occur across multiple accounts?

I've only noticed it on my Wells Fargo Platinum card, but that's where 95% of my transactions take place. It's been several weeks since I've used my savings or checking accounts. However, my HealthEquity HSA account seems to not be affected.

1. Is this occurring with transactions from the same bank, or are you seeing the issue with multiple banks? 

Just Wells Fargo at the moment. I don't typically modify investments transactions, so I can't tell if it is or is not happening with those accounts.

1. Are the transactions 'Pending' or 'Cleared' in Simplifi when you make the changes and mark them as reviewed?

They are 'Cleared.' I typically don't use the 'Reviewed' checkbox. I rarely even remember that it's there.

1. If they're pending at the time you make the changes, do the changes revert at the time the transactions become 'Cleared' in Simplifi? 

N/A

1. Are you seeing this issue on the Simplifi Web App, the Mobile App, or both? 

Web App. Haven't checked the mobile app. Using Chrome on Android.

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ajbopp,

Thanks for reporting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that transactional changes are reverting in Simplifi for you.

Since it sounds like you may be experiencing something a little bit different than what was posted prior, please provide us with an outline and some specific examples, such as what changes are being made to the transactions in question, when the changes are made, when the changes revert, etc.

Also, I'm wondering if it may be a browser or caching issue. Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies for at least the Simplifi site to see if the behavior clears up, by chance?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Categories reset to "Shopping"

Tags reset to empty

Notes reset to empty.

There may be more, but that's what I've noticed.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ajbopp,

Thanks for posting back!

Unfortunately, your response doesn't provide a whole lot of insight or information to go off of. If you'd like to have this behavior looked at further, we would need specific examples and a timeline of occurrences. So, the next time this issue occurs, please provide the following details:

1. The Date, Payee, and Amount of the transactions in question.
    2. The name of the account that the transactions reside in, as it appears in Simplifi.
    3. The specific changes that were made to the transactions and when.
    4. The specific changes that were reverted and when they were reverted.

As previously mentioned, I'd also suggest clearing the cache and cookies for at least the Simplifi site to see if doing so helps to clear things up — has this action been performed?

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.