Excluded Investment Transactions still calculated in Reports (edited)

Options
DavidB
DavidB Member ✭✭
edited September 2023 in Report a Bug

I have a bunch of uncategorized transactions showing up on my report even though they are internal transactions in my Vanguard investment account and they should be ignored on reports. What am I missing?

David

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @DavidB,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this behavior with your Investment Transactions in Simplifi.

I'm not personally experiencing any problems with excluded Investment Transactions still showing up in Reports or the Spending Plan. I know there was an issue last week with excluding transactions or an entire account from Reports where there was a delay in the exclusion settings updating, but that doesn't appear to be what you're seeing, and it no longer appears to be occurring (for me, anyway).

With that said, is this a new issue for you where these transactions were ignored prior and have now appeared in your Report, or are you just noticing that this is the case? I see that the transactions are ignored from the Spending Plan as well — do they also appear in Other Spending? Have you tried ignoring the enter investment account from Reports under the Settings > Accounts menu, by chance? I'd also suggest signing out and back into Simplifi just to make sure everything is refreshed from the issues that were going on with this last week.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• DavidB
    DavidB Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie & thanks for the reply,

I've only been using Simplifi for about 8 weeks and this is the first time I looked at a full month's spend (July) so I can't say whether it would have happened earlier or not. I've not set up a Spending Plan so I have no idea whether they show up there or not. All these Vanguard accounts are marked to be excluded from Reports and the Spending Plan (see screenshot).

Is there a way to have level 2 support (or whatever Simplifi calls it) take a look at this? Do I need to open a support ticket or does this qualify to get them involved.

David

• Coach Natalie
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello @DavidB,

Thanks for posting back with additional details!

It looks like the issues I mentioned above with ignoring Investment Transactions from Reports are expected to be fixed with the 3.84.0 Web Release, which should roll out today. At this point, please keep an eye out for 3.84.0 (you may see 3.84.1 instead), and then check to see if you're still experiencing the issue. You can determine the version of the Web App at the very bottom of the Dashboard:

If you still see the issue after the 3.84.0 or 3.84.1 Web Release, please go ahead and navigate to Settings > Accounts and select to include the accounts in question in Reports. Once done, go ahead and re-exclude them, and then re-check your Report.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• DavidB
    DavidB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie

That fixed it. I did end up with 3.8.4.1 and did have to include the accounts back then exclude them, and then everything worked.

Many thanks,

David

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Awesome, @DavidB! 🥳

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.