Is there a way to mark 'merged' posts as 'read'?

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Using the Community

Please feel free to move this post if it's in the wrong place.

Any 'merged' posts, if i click on them, and then come back to message list, they never get marked as read.

This is only merged posts.

Is there something i can do to change this?

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hey, @RobWilk!

The only way I know of to do this is to select the three dots at the end of each category and click "Mark Read". This will mark everything as read in that category, which should include the "merged" posts.

Please let us know if this works for you!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

While not ideal, this does what I was looking for.

Here's hoping i remember that and don't ask again in a couple of months.

Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RobWilk

Just a heads up that if you use this “Mark Read” method, it possibly will mean that you can’t rely on the category headings to show you when there’s a post waiting to be read inside of that category.

For example, I clicked “Mark Read” for The Simplifier Lounge awhile back, and now, regardless of whether there is a post in there to read or not, I get this…

Not the end of the world, but it just means that I don’t get around to responding to anything in the simplifier lounge until I happen to remember to check it.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

@Flopbot, I don't think that should be happening. Have you noticed it with just the Lounge, or are you also seeing it with other categories?

I personally never use the "Mark Read" option since I'm able to view all Community posts, including the "Merged" links, however, I noticed that some of my categories are highlighted even though there are no new posts for me to review. So, I marked those ones as "read", and I'm going to keep an eye on it (and hopefully remember to check the categories to see if they're re-highlighted before viewing the posts), but any additional insight from you would be great.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Actually, can one of you (@RobWilk, you may be more available at the moment) create a new post in Feedback? I'm going to NOT review the new post in Feedback to see if this re-highlights for me when viewing the list of categories. 'Feedback' is one that I had to mark as read, so this should show me right away if the issue is reproducible for other users/other categories.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/categories/feedback

Please let me know once done and I'll check the categories and then delete the post. Thanks so much!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie Test post created in feedback.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@RobWilk, thank you!! It appears to work as expected for me. 🥳

@Flopbot, let us know if it's just the Lounge for you or any additional insight you may have. We definitely don't want you missing Lounge posts (or any other posts for that matter) because the category isn't highlighting properly.

-Coach Natalie

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie, could you post something to the Lounge as a test and then let me know when done?

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

Done, @Flopbot!

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Curiouser and curiouser - to borrow a line from Steve. It’s working as expected now. Maybe a momentary glitch in the matrix.

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.