Duplicate Transactions getting worse

Options
nicko
nicko Member ✭✭✭
edited September 2023 in Feedback

Hello Simplifi team,

A while back I posted about seeing duplicate transactions in my transaction listing. As of this week I am not noticing the following. A transaction will get post for the initial amount, then later the amount will change (think restaurant with tip) and I will see both pending. Finally I will see the actual charge move to cleared but the previous two pending charges added. I see this this almost always with restaurant or amazon charges. It is a scenario where the initial amount changes. Below is an example of some Etsy charges that duplicated for no reason at all. That is to say the final amounts did not change.

This experience is making Simplfi feel unusable. You see I will update the initial pending category and add notes. Depending on which transaction Simplif moves to cleared I may have to update that transactions category and notes and delete the duplicate that is stuck in pending. This comment is not meant to be unkind but it makes me feel like I can never really trust the data Simplifi is showing me. It also makes me feel like I have to verify every single transaction.

[removed]

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @nicko,

Thanks for sharing your feedback regarding this issue with the Community, although I'm sorry to hear of your experience with this.

To troubleshoot duplicate transactions, you'll want to take a look at the info and follow the steps listed here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4901071-how-to-resolve-duplicate-transactions

You'll want to look at the "Appears on your statement as…" info for each of the duplicates to see if it's the same. If one of the duplicates is pending and one is cleared, you can manually merge them, or delete one of the duplicates. The article will walk you through different scenarios and let you know when it's something that needs to be escalated vs. manually fixed.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.