Notes/Memo field on recurring transaction setup (1 Merged Vote)

jasondmcgee
jasondmcgee Member ✭✭
edited March 10 in Feature Requests
Would be nice to be able to have a notes/memo field on the recurring transaction detail/setup screen.
Use Case: I have several recurring transactions with "Apple" as the payee, and category of "Entertainment". The notes/memo field would allow me to indicate: Apple Music, Netflix Sub, HBO Sub, Apple News, etc. For now, I can use the Tags field for this, but its more of a note/memo where I would normally capture that on the transaction.
Thanks!
Jason
11 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@jasondmcgee Great suggestion! You've got my vote!

• bcrossman
    bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭

Couldn’t you change the payee to a more specific name? I do this to simplify some of the names of my recurring payees.

• jasondmcgee
    jasondmcgee Member ✭✭
    Thanks @bcrossman- yeah, definitely a good workaround for sure- and I have done that on most instead of using tags as that didn't seem like a good workaround once I tried to put it into practice.
    Thanks!
    Jason
  • Mr. Williams
    Mr. Williams Member
    Paypal experience should be the same way when you have reoccurring accounts being paid out of Paypal too.
  • I'm looking at moving over from another bill tracking system that allowed notes. I tend to keep information about when the bill is typically generated (est), how I pay, how it is used, etc. This is not something that fits in the name field, tags, or categories.
  • I'm in the same boat. It's pretty frustrating.
  • To be clear, I have loads of recurring bills coming from "Amazon" for different prime video channels. Sadly, with Simplifi, I just have to remember what these are and can't really add reminders. Using Tags seems too heavyweight since I would be creating a specific Tag for each a single bill reminder. IMO, Tags work better when they're more cross-cutting.
  • Mrluke
    Mrluke Member
    I agree. 

But how about this.

If the system just allowed you to review newly cleared transactions.
  • Skyfox675
    Skyfox675 Member ✭✭
    edited March 10
    Please extend the current attributes of reoccurring Bills/Subscriptions to support notes at the Series level.
    I believe these should also be passed into each reminder/linked transaction as "Notes from the Series" as a greyed out multi-line text box, with a link to "edit in series" possibly.