Notes/Memo field on recurring transaction setup (1 Merged Vote)

jasondmcgee
jasondmcgee Member ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Feature Requests
Would be nice to be able to have a notes/memo field on the recurring transaction detail/setup screen.
Use Case: I have several recurring transactions with "Apple" as the payee, and category of "Entertainment". The notes/memo field would allow me to indicate: Apple Music, Netflix Sub, HBO Sub, Apple News, etc. For now, I can use the Tags field for this, but its more of a note/memo where I would normally capture that on the transaction.
Thanks!
Jason
35 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@jasondmcgee Great suggestion! You've got my vote!

• bcrossman
    bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭

Couldn’t you change the payee to a more specific name? I do this to simplify some of the names of my recurring payees.

• jasondmcgee
    jasondmcgee Member ✭✭
    Thanks @bcrossman- yeah, definitely a good workaround for sure- and I have done that on most instead of using tags as that didn't seem like a good workaround once I tried to put it into practice.
    Thanks!
    Jason
  • Mr. Williams
    Mr. Williams Member
    Paypal experience should be the same way when you have reoccurring accounts being paid out of Paypal too.
  • I'm looking at moving over from another bill tracking system that allowed notes. I tend to keep information about when the bill is typically generated (est), how I pay, how it is used, etc. This is not something that fits in the name field, tags, or categories.
  • I'm in the same boat. It's pretty frustrating.
  • To be clear, I have loads of recurring bills coming from "Amazon" for different prime video channels. Sadly, with Simplifi, I just have to remember what these are and can't really add reminders. Using Tags seems too heavyweight since I would be creating a specific Tag for each a single bill reminder. IMO, Tags work better when they're more cross-cutting.
  • Mrluke
    Mrluke Member
    I agree. 

But how about this.

If the system just allowed you to review newly cleared transactions.
  • Skyfox675
    Skyfox675 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Please extend the current attributes of reoccurring Bills/Subscriptions to support notes at the Series level.
    I believe these should also be passed into each reminder/linked transaction as "Notes from the Series" as a greyed out multi-line text box, with a link to "edit in series" possibly.
  • killweav
    killweav Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    I see that there was a thread on this that was closed sometime back in 2020. I would like to restart this conversation in the hopes it will get traction. 

When creating a new recurring transaction or editing an existing one, the only option for added details is the Tags field. 

It would be great to also have the Notes field added to that dialog prompt.

I'll use Amazon payee as an example:

Multiple one-time purchases each statement period.
    Also a few recurring transactions. (Subscribe & Save, Purchased Alexa Skills)

I use the notes field for both one-time and recurring transactions. 

Subscribe & Save dollar amount can change each month based on different subscription items having different delivery periods (1 month, 3 months, etc.)

But they are predictable and it would be helpful to have the notes field prepopulated when it hits my register. Right now they are set up as recurring, but I have to go in and add the notes each month and sometimes have to pull up Amazon for reference.

Thanks for your consideration of this feature.
  • Jeannette
    Jeannette Member ✭✭✭
    I would like to be able to make notes on a series.  e.g. customer service lowered my bill on 2/13 for 6 mos.
  • Jeannette
    Jeannette Member ✭✭✭

I would also like to be able to add notes to a single reminder. e.g. on this one I would like to note that "I sent a check on 3/23" or "pd via online banking check to arrive by 3/30"

• Notes fields are sooo important in just about any aspect. I could think of so many reasons why I may want to add a note/memo field for transactions or billers. Example would be to state this amount will change to $X in the future. Or need to contact for x reason. Or to track interactions with the billers. They have a note field to keep track of us. I want to keep track of how many times I call about a specific issue or whatever. Please…. please…. add notes

• Yes, please create a notes field in every transaction, reminder, and recurring series.

• glkappe
    glkappe Member

long time quicken classic user and trying to move to simplifi.

need ability add notes to a recurring bill (not just tag it) so it automatically shows up in the transaction activity.

adding to this thread for more support

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭

Ditto what @glkappe said!

+1, added.

I reckon one reason things take so long to grow in popularity is they get buried in all the other noise because there is no roadmap or central location for all ideas to get traction…Yeah there is a suggestion for that too, it's been planned for years now…who know if we'll ever see it or not.

-Phil-

Former Quicken Desktop user 1984 -2023. Currently Testing Simplifi as its replacement.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Click "Recent Discussions" under Quick Links. In the page that comes up, click on Filters. Click on the "Post Type" drop down, select "Idea."

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye