Income and Spending Cards show 0.00 for past six months

Options
SRC54
SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Report a Bug

Has anyone else noticed this? I noticed it this morning. The data is all there and I can go to Reports to see it; it's just not there on the WebApp. I thought it might be just me so waited to see if it would update. These cards are pretty low down on the Dashboard so I might not have noticed for a while. I looked on Mobile App but I don't think these cards are used on Mobile?

I did a search to see if this was a known bug but didn't find anything. I signed out and back in, and I tried both Chrome and Safari browsers. WebApp is 3.86.

Steve
Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're right @SRC54 - I see the same thing, it's not just you

I know it's a religious holiday today, so I wouldn't be surprised if you don't hear from Simplifi on this before Monday. I'm interested in this bug too.

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Thanks for letting me know. As bugs go, this one seems benign. I hope!

Steve

• Coach Blake
    Coach Blake Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@SRC54 Hey! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I did notice this with our latest web release (3.86.0) that was deployed today and I got it reported! Our team is looking into it and hoping to have it resolved quickly!

Thank you,
    Coach Blake

• pawebb
    pawebb Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

@SRC54 I saw the same and resolved it on my end.

From the Dashboard I clicked on the Income card which took me to Reports: Income.
    Next, I clicked on the Spending report. (At this point I saw data on both reports.)
    I then clicked on the Dashboard and both cards had data.

All of this was done on the web app.

Version: 3.85.0 (21358/8846ba0b5)

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

@pawebb I was able to reproduce what you did. Wow. Interesting. I had this morning clicked on the income card and gone to income and I saw the data was there albeit the bar graphs were weird until you clicked on them, but didn't directly go to spending report and then back to Dashboard. And voilà, there it was.

After I got it fixed in Chrome, I went to Safari and the cards were still empty. I did your sequence and it fixed it in Safari too!

Did you just happen on this by serendipity or are you a wizard?

Anyhow, thanks for sharing!

Steve

• pawebb
    pawebb Member ✭✭✭
    Options

haha. Just spent the last 20 yrs troubleshooting.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It appears they fixed it before they went home yesterday, mine is showing today, and I didn't (to my memory/on purpose) click through the Wizarding World of Harry Potter to make it happen.

Rob Wilkens

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

@RobWilk Yes, they went back to version 3.85 web app, but @pawebb wizardry did seem to work before then! Anyhow Kudos to everyone. Like @pawebb, I've spent many (30+) years troubleshooting, and I was envious he found a workaround before me! 😁

Steve

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Oh, that explains why my 'hidden closed accounts' are showing again… Thanks for the info.

I will add when they were working on the hidden closed accounts, they probably accidentally disabled the code that generates/initializes the data for those charts, and clicking through the wizard links probably did the initialization... You'd probably have to click those links every time you wanted the data to update (as it was)… That's not (meaning what i'm telling you is not) news or useful though.

Rob Wilkens

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Curiouser and Curiouser. I feel as if I were in Wonderland. Just a moment ago, the bug for the Income/Spending Cards was back, and this time the Wizardry didn't work. I saw I was back on 3.86 web app. I came here to double check the steps from @pawebb, saw I was doing it right and went back to Simplifi and the cards were working but I was back on 3.85!

Was I down the rabbit hole?

Steve

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

After you posted, I was on 3.86.0 but now am back on 3.85.0. They probably were trying again, but backed it out again.

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.