Transaction Register: Status Column should be removed or also display other statuses (edited)

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2023 in Feature Requests

If you choose to display the Status column in the register, it only shows something in that field if the status is Pending. If it's cleared, nothing displays. Since all pending transactions end up in their own section of the register anyway, it seems like something could be done to improve the usefulness.

If we're going to keep the "Pending" section, it doesn't seem to add value to have a "Status" Column. If we're going to keep the "Status" column, then it should always display the current status, not display one status and leave other statuses empty.

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1
    Options

What other status other than pending is available in Simplifi? It will be nice to have more use for the column. I want to keep the field but also show cleared when the transaction is posted.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Right now (before) I am (was) a vote down on this… If there are good examples of other status states I might change my vote. If it's just a user-defined field, there is notes, tags, even description for that. I feel like there -is- a need for a field that tells whether the transaction is pending/not.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1
    Options

After thinking about this some more, the status is blank when the transaction is cleared. Pending shows when the bank downloads such status, or the user enters a manual pending transaction. If these are the only two status options, the current setup is fine. I do not need to see cleared next to each cleared transaction.

Minter 2014-2023

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1
    Options

I voted for this just for the fun of it. The other status of course is "Cleared" (or maybe some other thing like, "Paid" or "Posted" or some such).

Or, since all Pending transactions are listed in a separate Pending section at the top of the Transaction Register until they clear and are moved to the "been there done that" section of the register, is there actually any need for that column at all?

The columns I have showing in my Transaction Registers are Date, Payee, Category, Tags since these give me all the info I want to see in the register for my transactions.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@DannyB Re: Or, since all Pending transactions are listed in a separate Pending section at the top of the Transaction Register until they clear and are moved to the "been there done that" section of the register, is there actually any need for that column at all?

Yes, the status column is the sort column used to separate the pending from the cleared transactions in the register. If you sort by date or description and have pending transactions dated before today, the register will display pending transactions in the same section as the cleared ones.

Minter 2014-2023

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My problem is… I just don’t do that much sorting, data mining, searching, etc 😎

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer