Spending Over Time Report: Months Overlap Each Other (edited)

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Report a Bug

I did ran a report over a year and a half on the spending report 'over time'.

(I was hoping to find 'average spending' but that's not what this was about)

Anyhow, I don't know if you can see below, but the dates - Like the 2022 of February 2022 is overwritten by the word March. But there are other examples.After August 2022 it's every month until April 2023. Then again in August and September and October of 2023.

This is 'not' a big deal to me, but it looks ugly and could be improved.

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey, @RobWilk!

I'm seeing the same thing on both the Spending and Income Reports when ran "over time". I had to run mine for 2 years to see the issue, so I think it's a display-size thing. I also noticed that zooming down fixes it, but makes the Report really small. At any rate, I reported what we're seeing and will let you know when I hear back. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-18319

• djweizle
    Options

The x-axis labels overlap in the monthly spending report over time when the number of months is high. Please see attached. I recommend rotating the labels 90 degrees (vertically) or at an angle (45 degrees)

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@djweizle, thanks for posting to the Community!

As you can see from the above discussion that I merged your thread with, this issue has already been reported. Please be sure to follow along here for future updates!

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.