Investment portfolio changes

Options
Clark
Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Investments

[removed]

I am no longer able to see the individual fund daily changes in my portfolio. All I see is (-). Is this a bug? Please let me know how to do this now.

Thanks Clark

Tagged:

Comments

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can see mine from Fidelity this morning. I do have some (-) for the ones that have not changed. Is it possible that it just hasn't downloaded yet for today? What brokerage do you use?

@Clark

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RobWilk I use Edward Jones. It was working great until a couple of weeks ago. The funds all show (-) now on the portfolio tab.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Clark, my holdings are all showing the change values as well, except for the ones that have no change. Is it possible that there has been no change? Have you checked on the bank's website to confirm? Is this a connected account or a manual account? If the former, can you check to make sure the account is still connected to the bank under Settings > Accounts, please?

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry for not answering, @Clark , I do not presently have any investments.

β€”
    Rob Wilkens

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie

There are changes every day on my Edward jones four investment accounts. There are about 20 mutual and bond funds (all of them} that aren't showing me one day changes, just (-). These are not manual accounts. The fund's total is updating and connected and match the Edward Jones online accounts. I am just not getting the "one day" changes (at market close) like I used to get two weeks ago. It is very frustrating to watch daily performance now as I have to spend time to calculate the funds. Something changed as it worked perfectly before. I think this is a bug on one of the updates. BTW…Same result on android and web. Please let me know if I need to report as a bug so this can be fixed.

Thanks, Clark

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Clark, thanks for confirming!

Our support article here states the following for how the change values are updated:

• All Other Calculations (such as Total Value, Change, etc.): This information is provided by our Investing Service Provider and updates whenever new information becomes available.

So, I'm wondering if there may be something going on that needs to be escalated. Please provide the following information so I can take a closer look and submit it for escalation if need be:

1. The names of the investment accounts, as they appear in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. A screenshot of the holdings page for the accounts that shows the dashes for the change values, as well as the "Today's change" total at the top.
    3. If the same change values (1 Day $ and %) happen to be available on the bank's website, please provide a screenshot of this as well for a comparison.

-Coach Natalie

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Natalie, I m going to private message you as this info is private. I can't do this without showing numbers.This is just one account out of five, so this should be show the issue. Thx Clark

• WinstonTeracina
    WinstonTeracina Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Offering another data point. While I'm not as concerned about this issue as @Clark, I am experiencing the same behaivor when I connect my investment accounts (Fidelity & Charles Schwab).

Here is a screenshot of holdings in one account:

I wouldn't expect the first three items to show a 1 Day change as they are CD's that don't trade daily and a Stable Value Fund. The final holding (VT) I would certainly expect to update. Strangely, I think the holding price (in Simplifi) is actually updating at least at certain points in the day, but the 1 day $ and 1 Day% change are not. The reason I think this is because the current price shown ($93.21) was not the opening price or previous close, but rather an intra day price which would concur with today's activity.

Below is a screenshot of the same holdings from the brokerage website (Schwab)

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks, @Clark!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to let you know as soon as an update is received.

@WinstonTeracina, I'm sorry you're also seeing this issue! I can certainly add you to the ticket as an additional data point, however, I do need the name of the account the VT holding resides in as it appears in Simplifi.

In regard to prices updating throughout the day, this is what our support article says for holdings in connected accounts:

• Holdings Info in Connected Investment Accounts: Shares and Prices are updated automatically for connected Investment Accounts during nightly aggregation, however, this information can potentially be updated every four hours.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-7936

• WinstonTeracina
    WinstonTeracina Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie

No need to get me added to the ticket, was just trying to provide some supporting information. This is not an important feature to me but I will keep a lookout over the next few days of anything changes. Thank you for the support article.

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

@coach Natalie Thanks Natalie for your support. This is very important to me as an investor, so I hope this gets fixed soon.

Clark

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

After reading what @WinstonTeracina posted, I checked again (since I also have Fidelity and Schwab) and everything looked right. Then I compared what Quicken Classic showed for what Simplifi showed, and one fund in my Schwab was showing 0 change but actually had a change.

Like Winston, it is not something I look at much, but will be more aware here on out.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie , did this get escalated to the technical team? Did they give you an idea how long it would take? As I mentioned before, It was worked perfectly and then is was broke on of the updates.

Thanks for your help,

Clark

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Clark, as soon as an update becomes available on the escalation, I'll be sure to post back here to let you know; there is no further update or ETA to provide at this time.

We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this matter!

-Coach Natalie

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for your support in getting this fixed. @Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Clark, it sounds like there was an outage with our Investing Service Provider that should now be resolved. Can you check in Quicken Simplifi and let us know, please? πŸ˜€

-Coach Natalie

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie..I am disappointed to say there is no change to any of my accounts...all still show (-) for the( 1) day change. Please pass along as this is not fixed. I looked at 7:00 pm CST. Edward Jones shows the changes today, and Simplifi shows(

Thanks for your support to get this fixed. Clark

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie This morning, still shows (-) one day change for all my investments.

Clark

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Clark, can you share a fresh screenshot so I can show them that the issue hasn't changed, please? Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie …still the same this morning. It is not fixed as they are telling you. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks, Clark

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Clark, yes, I let them know that it's still occurring. πŸ™‚

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Clark @Coach Natalie

I've been following this thread and keeping an eye on my investment page. @Clark , are you seeing $0.00 and - on all your investments? What I see is a mix for all investment accounts. I have accounts at Schwab and at BNY|Mellon Pershing. Some investments include stock and etf. here is a sample of what I see for daily updates as of 10/27 @ 1330 PDT:

This is just a sample of some holdings in one particular account but is representative of all investments in all accounts.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    ”Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

@DannyB, he's seeing dashes for his day change values; the amounts are correct, just no day change values. πŸ™‚

-Coach Natalie

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

@DannyB @Coach Natalie As @Coach Natalie states above, I am seeing (-) on ALL my 20+investment funds and portfolios. This is a real issue for me as I watch gains and losses each day on each fund. I also can no longer see individual fund performance, which makes Simplifi worthless for me now. (very frustrating) It was working perfectly for me several weeks ago and now it is broken. I hope they can get this fixed soon. Dollar values are correct.

Clark

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Clark, this should now be fixed. πŸ˜€

-Coach Natalie

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie ….YES!, it is fixed. Thank you for all your efforts and following up. πŸ˜‰ Keep up the good work listening to all of us!

Clark

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Clark, awesome! πŸ₯³

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.