Ability to see all selected accounts in a single line on the graph in Bills & Payments>Cash Flow

Options
chipper33
chipper33 Member
edited November 2023 in Feature Requests

I would like to see a consolidated cash flow forecast feature added-- while I can see the functionality in a single account in your tool-- I would ask for one additional feature in the UPCOMING --> CASH FLOW area-- i want to 'combine' two checking accts and one credit card account into ONE line graph---- is this possible? Currently you can pick/choose which accounts you want to see but they are still separate line graphs per account. Can this be added to a possible future feature list?

[edited title]

5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If it helps, what I do is SCHEDULE (recurring reminders) the payments to those credit card, so if there's a scheduled charge for $10, I schedule a payment for $10 to match it from the checking account, keeping the credit card at '0' in the cash flow forecast, and keeping the checking account balance properly reflecting the amount avilable in that account, factoring in credit card charges.

Rob Wilkens

• chipper33
    chipper33 Member
    Options

Thx Rob— I've been thinking of 'work-arounds' and this would do the trick.

• madmoondog
    madmoondog Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes I have bills and deposits flowing into and out of multiple accounts, cash flow projectuon is useless if I cannot select all the relevant accounts

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

It got my vote, it seems like a good idea to be able to forecast net worth. On the cash flow page, that's what this particular line should probably be called, 'net worth'.

EDIT: If you want it to exclude certain accounts (i.e. maybe investments and property), then net worth isn't the right name.

@Coach Natalie The Title of this thread should probably be changed from "Upcoming…." to "Bills & Payments …" to reflect recent changes in Quicken Simplifi.

Rob Wilkens